Tank Journal Archive

TheJordans

Mar 29, 2013
Sunbury
I also use some flyscreen/aquarium mesh as shelter in our holding tanks! Seems to work a treat in providing them all plenty of "territories" at minimal cost :D

Can't wait to see your successes :D

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Please keep the pictures coming. I loved your banggai cardinal journals.
No problems @curly747 - it makes the time and effort worthwhile when someone appreciates what you are doing :)

I actually had a new 'toy' arrive during the week which I am hoping to have a bit of a play with tonight....... And, yes, the 'toy' is somewhat related to your post ;)

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
The eggs seem to be developing nicely - I'm not sure when to expect a molt and subsequent moving of the eggs as this is my first time working with shrimp

PS-32.jpg

And, following on from my first post, all shrimp are now present and accounted for - one must have been hiding when I looked a few days ago :)

Last edited:

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
The eggs seem to be developing nicely - I'm not sure when to expect a molt and subsequent moving of the eggs as this is my first time working with shrimp.
Question answered :) - the shrimp moulted last night and the eggs are now being held by the pleopods.

Photo will need to wait until tomorrow night.

BlueBolts

Apr 7, 2014
Currambine
Great news...beautiful pic :-) Can't wait to see the new pics....... love this journal...have got a HUGE soft spot from shrimps :-)

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
The promised pictures - the shrimp wasn't being totally cooperative tonight, but the results weren't too bad

PS-35.jpg

PS-34.jpg

Now, to wait for the hatch, which I understand may not be for a few weeks.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
There is now a definite change in the colour of the eggs - even a few eyes are now visible.

With no prior experience I don't really know when these are due to hatch

PS-36.jpg

PS-37.jpg