News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
The Reefuge Shop
Hi everyone,

I told you all that we are going to be setting up a shop for this website. It should have been up and running, but there is something bigger coming instead.

It is true that The Reefuge will have an online store where users will be able to purchase items. However, as opposed to having the Buy / Trade / Sell forums as they are now, it will be easier if users had their own online shop that they could open up if they chose to.

This shop will be able to process payments through payment gateways. For the time being, it will support Paypal. This will further automate the website and the way users will interact with it.

Users will able to sell whatever they like through their store, and once purchased, the seller will have the shipping details of the buyer. This will be completely automatic.

The bank will also play a role in this, as credits will be used for getting discounts on items or used to buy entire items. So the more you post, the better deals you will be able to get.

The Buy / Trade / Sell forum will be categorised and will display items from every users shop.

This will be a free feature of the forums.

If you like this idea, please like this thread.

Thanks.

V

'vspec'

awesome, reminds me of the 'create your own shirt' model, should be a nice touch to the forums bud.

Now..... First item for sale, we will bypass the usual hand made hammick options, and go straight to the local gunga that they tell me was transported down the seirra nevadas by donkey, you think that will hit the selling black list bud..lol

rusty1

Jul 21, 2011
Gold Coast QLD
Interesting concept.

I would like to know that when buying from user's shops, will it be clear that they are 2nd hand goods?

I would hate to see the rage if newbies thought they were getting brand new stuff :)

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
I would expect ad's would state if the product's were second hand or new. Most would have a pic with the add so you'd be able to tell.

I think it's a great idea, with a lot of potential. :D More places to buy stuff! I just really suck @ selling stuff:(

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Interesting concept.

I would like to know that when buying from user's shops, will it be clear that they are 2nd hand goods?

I would hate to see the rage if newbies thought they were getting brand new stuff :)
Hi rusty1,

The shop for users will be a glorified classifieds system. As opposed to having users post everything in a forum, they will be able to list all the things they are selling in their profiles "shop". There will be a portal showing all users items they have for sale in categories so other users can easily find items.

The main shop will be slightly different, as it will be the official shop of this website which will be brand new items. Businesses will also be able to have something similar, which will be slightly different again.

The idea is to have a complete system in place for businesses, so those who do not have a website with payment gateways will be able to have one here. This should further help local shops trade and compete in the online market.

Thanks.

rusty1

Jul 21, 2011
Gold Coast QLD
Hi rusty1,

The shop for users will be a glorified classifieds system. As opposed to having users post everything in a forum, they will be able to list all the things they are selling in their profiles "shop". There will be a portal showing all users items they have for sale in categories so other users can easily find items.

The main shop will be slightly different, as it will be the official shop of this website which will be brand new items. Businesses will also be able to have something similar, which will be slightly different again.

The idea is to have a complete system in place for businesses, so those who do not have a website with payment gateways will be able to have one here. This should further help local shops trade and compete in the online market.

Thanks.
Sound great! Specially anything that will help LFS's

rusty1

Jul 21, 2011
Gold Coast QLD
also will there be a rating system as well , so users can see what type of service they have offered.

I must say I am not a fan of any rating system

It is only ever a 1 way street and I have seen enough people wanting to blame some 1 else for their own stupidity.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
I must say I am not a fan of any rating system

It is only ever a 1 way street and I have seen enough people wanting to blame some 1 else for their own stupidity.
Hi rusty1,

We already have a rating system in place, and it seems to be working very well. Rating systems are actually quite good in my opinion, as the majority will always be telling the truth. If a user has 100 replies in feedback and 99 of them are saying "Great Service!" and one says "Terrible" then you can be pretty sure you will get a really good service with that seller. However, if it is the other way around, you can also be sure you will get terrible service.

These forums allow the seller to let others know exactly why they were left bad feedback. I am a believer in if it was the sellers fault, and they make an apology to the customer they will get more business.

It is kind of like buying on ebay, I will not hesitate for a moment to send $1000 to a user with 99.9% positive feedback, because I am sure I will be pleased. The aquarium community in Australia, as small as it is makes it even easier to part with your money to a seller with good feedback. Couple that with the word of mouth reputation the seller may have, and the customer is almost positive of their decision.

Having said all that, this community is only six months old and nothing is certain. I do believe moving with the times is the way to go, but it requires a lot of care. Time will tell :)

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011