Reef Discussion

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
The Supreme Guide To Setting Up A Saltwater Reef Aquarium
The are many 'How To' guides spread across the net, with some better than others. I recently came across this one on the reef2reef.com blog and thought it was a pretty good read. It's pretty extensive but definitely provides a very good introduction to our hobby.

I will 'Sticky' it for a while as I suspect this will be a very useful article for all newbies.

http://www.reef2reef.com/blog/291/

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
What a great article, lots of reading but very extensive. Enjoyed it a lot. Thanks

Hammer

Jun 27, 2012
Thanks for the article link! I'm new to all this and looking at getting into the hobby. I've kept tropical fish before but totally know this is a whole new ball game.

Can anyone tell me if Matt Green is still apart of this forum? He's an old mate. If your out there Matt, hit me up. Looking for some advice.

Cheers

Reactions: MTG

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Thanks for the article link! I'm new to all this and looking at getting into the hobby. I've kept tropical fish before but totally know this is a whole new ball game.

Can anyone tell me if Matt Green is still apart of this forum? He's an old mate. If your out there Matt, hit me up. Looking for some advice.

Cheers
Hi @Hammer and :welcome

Yes Matt is still around, although he tends to have a few other things taking up his time these days :p

@MTG ;)

Reactions: MTG

Hammer

Jun 27, 2012
Hi @Hammer and :welcome

Yes Matt is still around, although he tends to have a few other things taking up his time these days :p

@MTG ;)
Cheers MagicJ, thanks for the response.
I'll be picking your brains soon here haha! Looking forward to getting into the hobby

Hammer

Jun 27, 2012
Just to give you an idea of what I'm looking to achieve with my build, here are some specs of some of the gear I'm looking at gettingto start with;

Tank:
Red Sea Reefer 350 (black)
Lighting: 2 x Kessil A360 with spectral controller (plus g-clamps)
Water Moving Device:
Maxspect Gyre 150
Skimmer:
Nyos Quantum 120 skimmer
Main Pump:
Jecod marine DC pump 6000

20kg Ultra live Rock
4x 10kg Red Sea live reef base sand

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast

Cheers
Hey mate shot you a PM