Tank Journal Archive

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
The Ultimate Height Of Optimism
IMG_0950.JPG
My beautiful Ric looks to still have a glimmer of life left in it. (That's only about 5mm across)
So I'll give it some TLC and persevere with it. If it sticks to the rock I think it has a chance.
There's even a smaller piece next to it that may come back also.
I've certainly been previously surprised by the way corals can come back from the "dead".

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Try moving it to a lower light, low flow area. If you need to make a lower flow area, put some small pieces of rock around it to shield it. One observation with Bounce shrooms is they won't tolerate anything more than a very gentile current. Maybe it's a self preservation mechanism because of the size of the bubbles?

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
It never really settled. I had it at mid level and light flow and it seemed OK for a while, then it let go.
So I tried it at the bottom and it just wouldn't re-attach and kept getting smaller (it only started about 10 cent piece size)
It staring to curl up and then split. Strangely my other Ric just next to it is going great!!!
Anyway, see what happens.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Gone.
A freaking snail got into the container and "ate" it !!!!!!!!
This is why I use wrasses to hunt those little bastards down and eradicate them. Snails, sea spiders and worms don't stand a chance. I've watched my Melanurus wrasse stalk a new rock for hours until I can over and propped it up. When I did, the shit got real, lol. If it's too big, they don't care, they'll smash it on a rock, then tear it apart. There aren't many fish that are as vicious as a wrasse. Towards other fish, they're peaceful as it gets, but food items? Forget it.