Help / Suggestions

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Thread Watching
hey you know when you reply to a thread or something you begin to watch it by default and receiving notifications?

well this works fine but after 4 or more replies from other users, it seems you stop receiving notifications for that thread :/

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Until you read the thread again - email notification only goes out at first update.

Something I asked to be changed but got outvoted 100 to 1

I'd happily watch a thread by the email responses.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I always turn email notifications off ... but watch a few threads to make sure I don't miss updates

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
i dont mean email i only get email for conversations but for example NiCd 's TJ i watched it midway through and then after x amount of posts i didn't get notifications in my alerts sayin there is an update available

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I find it sends you the notification after it has been updated but if you do not view that thread it does not notify you again until you have viewed that thread again

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
If you have been told there is an update and you dont check it you wont get any further updates until you visit the thread. I have the same prob because I will often just read the update on my email and not get around to checking the thread... Especially at work :rolleyes