Help / Suggestions

liquidg

Jul 16, 2011
Brisbane
Threads on reef life collection pics and dive pics??
To the ones that run or own this forum.
On request from sarg on this forum,(he has never annoyed me), I will put on large threads on our clubs collecting and general diving pics.

Every now and then I will up date more recent pics as a new thread per time.

If there are any issues with this I would prefer to know now as this is a lot of work and if it is no benefit to our bris marine marine aquarium club then it's not going to happen,say something as to what is fine with this and its all good.

The issues are, how many links to pics can your forum handle in one thread and there will be links to out reference section on local marine life, are these points a problem?
If this is fine,where do I put these threads on the forum?

liquidg

Jul 16, 2011
Brisbane
no issues with heaps of pics on this site... use image shack or photobucket etc.
Thanks mate,but the other things i need answered by who is incharge,like how many links per thread can this forum handle,some other sites can only handle 10 links per thread,like reef central,i put ten in then a reply to add more for that thread and four on queensland aquarium forum before any one can reply and muck it up.
Most forums like the south african marine aquarium forum can handle quite a few links per thread with out lots of work from me.
Plus there will be links to our local marine life sections on our clubs forum and all pics have a our web address as a water mark.
These things i need to know before i get going with it,if i get going with it,i dont put pics on sites servers either,just photobucket-photoshack servers.
Oh and which part of the forums would this be put into??

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello liquidg, You can post photos of your diving and collecting in the off topic photos forum. Images hosted here should be of high quality. We prefer no photobucket or other third party images displayed on our forums. The Reefuge is open and free to whoever would like to use it. We host all content ourselves whenever possible. You are free to post as many images as you like, but please make sure they are hosted on our servers (you can do this simply by clicking the upload button near the post reply button). I do not wish to see a thread designed to show users photos turn into a thread designed to drive traffic to your website or forum - we have paid services for that.

Again, as long as you are not breaking the rules, or using the forum as a means of spam, please feel free to post them up in the off-topic area. Again, I urge you to use our server to host these images as opposed to photobucket.

Please also don't forget to keep threads in their correct forum. This belongs in technical support / suggestions.

Thanks.

liquidg

Jul 16, 2011
Brisbane
The main reason i put our pics out there is tp promote the club,so this won't work,but thanks for the answer,that clears it up.