Time To Kill Some Nasties

Discussion in 'Reef Tanks' started by daveH, Jun 13, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. daveH

daveH Team Leader

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,074
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    Had a couple of nasties crop up lately. Spotted about half a dozen Aptaisia recently and tried to kill them off with injected boiling water but that didn't work (I think they were waiting for a teabag next). So I lashed out and got some Apaisia X, boy that sure did the job - smashed them!!!
    I've also had a bit of GHA/Bryopsis come out in a couple of spots. I think it may have come in with some star polyp a while back, maybe.
    Watched a couple of those interesting videos on removing it with Fluconazole. So off to the docs I went this morning and got a script for a box of 200ml capsules. I'll be pouring some into the sump tomorrow.
    I'll keep posting the results as it goes over the next 2 weeks (recommended dosing time) - should be interesting.
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Sam Parker

Sam Parker Moderator

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +4,537
    Australia
    State:
    Victoria
    works a treat my friend :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. daveH

daveH Team Leader

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,074
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    I gather that you've tried it, if so, did you turn off your skimmer or just let it run fully open for the 2 weeks?
  4. Savage Henry

Savage Henry Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +309
    Australia
    State:
    NSW
    I imagine you rocked up at your local medical centre, appropriately adorned, and said, "look Doc, I think I've got some GHA growing down there". And, the Docs response is, "Whoa boy, what you been up to?". You say, "I think it's from the star polyp I recent got". And, Doc says, "Hmmm, I think you might be needing some fluconazole my boy!"
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. ReeferRob

ReeferRob Solidarité

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +2,045
    United States
    State:
    Maryland
    Followed promptly by "What colour is that?" "That's the colour it turns right before it falls off."
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. daveH

daveH Team Leader

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,074
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    That's exactly how it happened!!!
    The only trouble is it won't get rid of the crabs and worms.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  7. Savage Henry

Savage Henry Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +309
    Australia
    State:
    NSW
    Nor the prickly urchins.
    • Funny Funny x 1