Tank Journal Archive

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Time To Kill Some Nasties
Had a couple of nasties crop up lately. Spotted about half a dozen Aptaisia recently and tried to kill them off with injected boiling water but that didn't work (I think they were waiting for a teabag next). So I lashed out and got some Apaisia X, boy that sure did the job - smashed them!!!
I've also had a bit of GHA/Bryopsis come out in a couple of spots. I think it may have come in with some star polyp a while back, maybe.
Watched a couple of those interesting videos on removing it with Fluconazole. So off to the docs I went this morning and got a script for a box of 200ml capsules. I'll be pouring some into the sump tomorrow.
I'll keep posting the results as it goes over the next 2 weeks (recommended dosing time) - should be interesting.

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
I imagine you rocked up at your local medical centre, appropriately adorned, and said, "look Doc, I think I've got some GHA growing down there". And, the Docs response is, "Whoa boy, what you been up to?". You say, "I think it's from the star polyp I recent got". And, Doc says, "Hmmm, I think you might be needing some fluconazole my boy!"

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I imagine you rocked up at your local medical centre, appropriately adorned, and said, "look Doc, I think I've got some GHA growing down there". And, the Docs response is, "Whoa boy, what you been up to?". You say, "I think it's from the star polyp I recent got". And, Doc says, "Hmmm, I think you might be needing some fluconazole my boy!"
Followed promptly by "What colour is that?" "That's the colour it turns right before it falls off."

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
That's exactly how it happened!!!
The only trouble is it won't get rid of the crabs and worms.

Last edited: