Reef Discussion

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Time to start dosing "additives" for the corals - but where to start
OK guys,

Most of my corals have been with me 5 yrs+ and survive realy well.

I don't dose anything! Semi regular water changes (every 4-6 weeks I change about 20%) using NSW.

All my corals look OK but I want them to start thriving and "popping" with color (yeah my lighting needs to change).

The tank houses mostly softies (leahters, coralmorph's, a few Zoa's, etc). I want to start moving towards more LPS (Hammers, tourches, etc) and maybe a a few SPS (but not the sticks - no interest in those).

If you could only add 1 additive as a coral food for the above, where would you start. I intend to build up to several products over time.

Thanks in advance.

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
U have any xeina? Add iodine by brightwell it makes it amazing I'v use it in my tank, helps it grow and the color of it is amazing, I also use aquavito amino acids I think it's called fuel, this works well to

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
I feed my corals New Life Spectrum Micro-Reef Feeder. They love it. I dont know if it has changed colouration much but certainly growth and polyp extension increases. All corals seem to respond to this when I pour it into the tank!

I also dose randys 3 part to maintain levels (mostly Alk for some reason...) and plan to start adding amino acids and trace elements I think...