Help / Suggestions

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello @ijg3956,

I am still unsure about what you are talking about...

Which links are you referring to?

Thanks.

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
In the past, a persons post had a link to their tank journal in the top left. It is gone.

EG: @chimaera runs an ongoing tank journal. Here is his latest post and there is no link to his journal anywhere that I can see.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello @ijg3956,

The links on the top left have not been there for around three months. They were taken down a while ago. Users are (for the time being) allowed to display their journal in their signature, but that will change once the new tank journal system comes in.

Thanks.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
In the past, a persons post had a link to their tank journal in the top left. It is gone.

EG: @chimaera runs an ongoing tank journal. Here is his latest post and there is no link to his journal anywhere that I can see.
Yep been gone for quite a while - in fact you posted about it in March when they disappeared from signatures ;)

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
Reefuge told us that we had to remove links from our signatures and that the link would be in everyone's post. I still have the message. So how does anyone get to specific TJ's now without trawling.? How does anyone generate any interest in their TJ. Also when I raised it before my signature was restored and we were told it was a transitional thing and they'd be back.

Hard to keep interest in maintaining a TJ that nobody may ever see. Seems a very large backward step to me :(

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
That wasn't me. My reply was to @The Reefuge saying they have been gone from the top left for that time. I never noticed they were gone until you pointed out they were :)
You can still link TJ's in your signature. I'm not sure what the new system will feature as far as linking to the TJ's but I'm sure we'll find out in due time

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Reefuge told us that we had to remove links from our signatures and that the link would be in everyone's post. I still have the message. So how does anyone get to specific TJ's now without trawling.? How does anyone generate any interest in their TJ. Also when I raised it before my signature was restored and we were told it was a transitional thing and they'd be back.

Hard to keep interest in maintaining a TJ that nobody may ever see. Seems a very large backward step to me :(
Hello @ijg3956,

Yes, you are correct. Users are allowed to have their tank journal links in their signatures (for the time being). Once the new journal system is implemented, your tank journal will be in your user block and signatures will be cleaned up.

- Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
It took me ages (well too long anyway) to find your TJ tonight @chimaera. I wanted to go back and find that post you had about your overflow. Search of your name brought no results, search of overflow, too many, si I ended up just paging through TJ's until I found it.

Although off topic, I was wondering how that ovwerflow is performing after time. I'm thinking about one for a nano I might build from scratch for my son's birthday :)

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
That wasn't me. My reply was to @The Reefuge saying they have been gone from the top left for that time. I never noticed they were gone until you pointed out they were :)
You can still link TJ's in your signature. I'm not sure what the new system will feature as far as linking to the TJ's but I'm sure we'll find out in due time
Sorry I realised that as I posted it then corrected it. Getting old.....o_0 I didn't realise I clicked REPLY, I meant to do a new post.

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
No worries man. Sounds like once the new system is in place the TJ links will be...
<----- over here instead of in the sig.
Also when a TJ is recently updated or replied to they appear in the TJ news feed on the top right of the main forum page (I know this doesn't help in finding specific TJ's, but it is a way to evoke interest in a TJ and by frequently updating your TJ it will appear more often there)

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
It took me ages (well too long anyway) to find your TJ tonight @chimaera. I wanted to go back and find that post you had about your overflow. Search of your name brought no results, search of overflow, too many, si I ended up just paging through TJ's until I found it.
I keep key TJs in my 'Watched Threads' list, but otherwise going to the relevant TJ category usually means you can find it fairly easily - in Nano Reefs my TJ is only the 4th or 5th down at the moment.

Although off topic, I was wondering how that ovwerflow is performing after time. I'm thinking about one for a nano I might build from scratch for my son's birthday :)
Off topic - I love it. It does give a bit of a gurgle depending on the intensity of the return pump, but I more than put up with that for its footprint and overall look. I've thought about shipping some in to sell actually but wasn't sure what the demand would be here.