Tank Journal Archive

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Too Skinny For My Liking.
I know this is against advice from some. But when I went to see the powder blue tang that we had our eyes on for the last 2 weeks we noticed he was looking so thin and unhealthy that I couldn't help myself. He is now swimming in our tank, ate seaweed within. 5 mins and hasn't been picked on by anybody just yet . He is actively swimming around and looks as though he is going to fit right in !! Crossing fingers he puts on some weight and becomes a healthyvnew family member !
image.jpg

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
yeah does look like early signs of ich. Hope he's doing ok now?
he ate well again this morning and survived our yellow tangs when he invaded their sleeping spots by accident last night as light went down. They were not happy. He has a few spots. ( not as bad as blue tangs ). Is very actively swimming and grazing on rocks but our lipstick won't let him in the left had side of the tank. If he stays right side all good. This should change as other fish get used to him. He is terrified iof the cleaner wrasse who has been following him around lol.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Good luck - I hope you don't see any more white dots ...
White spots are less than yesterday already. Our tangs are being model citizens and not hassling him at all ( very surprised). He ate. 4 x today and has quickly worked out that the excited tank mates means food Here is him lining up with the other just before his last feed He still looks so sad
image.jpg
with that sunken face and body. !
image.jpg

Oceanarium

Nov 8, 2011
Perth
Hmm Bright colours, eating and wasting.

Classic symptoms of cyanide caught fish. Good luck and i hope i am wrong.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013

He has actually gained some weight since Monday. Just a little but can see a slight difference in his sunken face. His ich has disappeared except a few spots on his side fins. We will just keep doing what we are doing and be patient and see !