Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Trials
Hi reefers - whilst it's wetter than a beach umbrella in a monsoon in Sydney tonight and the forecast is much the same for the weekend... Gives me the chance to stay indoors and spruce the tank.

With the fish gone it's giving an opportunity to test the effects of the Zeo bottles on the tank and seeing colour change on the SPS.

With alkalinity rock solid set at 7 kh for the past month the growth has been encrusting at the base on all the recent puttied down frags.
Colour has not been the aim game but since I am experimenting why not discover the effects...

Firstly I've been pumping in the K balance and getting growth and polyp extension.
Most recent gave them a shot of B balance , this lightened the colours especially the deep reds are now paler.
My Dallas has lost its sparkle .... Looked the best when it received Pohls Xtra a few months ago.
My blues are either brown or grey which means they need some PIF - might chase those colours in a weeks time after letting the B Balance run through.

Algae is receding just nicely given the awful outbreak I once had ......

Starting to get a handle of this tank.
image.jpeg

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
BRB, going coral shopping in Australia!! :D Damn nice acans mate!! Those are probably my favorite LPS because of the vast array of colours. Beautiful job with that acro as well, soon I will join the Sticks Regiment.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
BRB, going coral shopping in Australia!! :D Damn nice acans mate!! Those are probably my favorite LPS because of the vast array of colours. Beautiful job with that acro as well, soon I will join the Sticks Regiment.
Thanks mate, I look forward to seeing your sticks.... The yanks have some ridiculous amazing frags in the stick department , mine are all plain right now however I have seen the parent colonies and they certainly look amazing when they are looked after by an expert.