Tank Journal Archive

Fmxchick

Mar 9, 2017
Unhappy Elegance
IMG_9918.JPG
I've had this elegance for almost 2 months and for the first time the last 2 days it looks "unhappy."

Checked my water parameters and phosphate is at 0.17, checked with Hanna and RedSea tests, was higher than this prior to setting up this new tank so has come down a little after last weeks WC.
Magnesium looks high at 1520!
Calcium is stable at 420
Nitrate is between 3-5ppm using Nyos test kit.
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
PH 8.4
Salinity 1.025
Alkalinity 10, this use to be a stable 9 so not sure why it has gone up.

The day before I added 2 small colonies of Zoas but wouldn't think these have anything to do with why the elegance isn't happy.

I usually target feed with mysis or brine and add fuel twice a week.

I've added a couple pics of it thriving and what it looks like the last couple days.

IMG_9776.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

Fmxchick

Mar 9, 2017
What sort of flow/lighting (direct/shaded etc) is it getting?
It's on the bottom of the tank so medium flow. It's not getting blasted, just enough for it to sway nicely.
Lights, Hydra 52HD, have been on the tank for a week but have them quite low and am slowly cranking them up day by day.
Partly shaded when fully open on 1 side. Other than that it's out in the open.

Wazza22

Oct 3, 2015
Perth
My yellow tip elegance has done this a couple of times on me now in the 10 months i've had him.
I have a clown hosting in him so i suspect he may get overzealous on occasions that causes mine.
Any fish that may be bothering it?

Fmxchick

Mar 9, 2017
My yellow tip elegance has done this a couple of times on me now in the 10 months i've had him.
I have a clown hosting in him so i suspect he may get overzealous on occasions that causes mine.
Any fish that may be bothering it?
No, the only thing that tends to play up is the Coral Banded, surprised he hasn't become dinner yet! Clowns haven't gone near it. It seems to be a little more open today but nowhere near to how it use to be.