Tank Journal Archive

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Update 19
I installed anti vibration matting down the bottom of the cabinet to protect the floor and reduce any noises and installed a discrete light to make it easier to work in

IMG_0688.jpg

Reactions: MTG

PMac

Apr 18, 2012
Sydney
Oh It looks beautiful... perfect weekend to get it - the long weekend so you can savour every moment of it!!! The foam base looks very schmick where did you get it from - the only ones I see are the alphabet kids ones!

LEG-IT

Feb 12, 2012
Bossley Park
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit,

Looks schmick as, Baller status achieved again!
gotta love the craftsmanship elos put into the products, well worth the wait

Should get another elos as a QT ;) Cant wait till watch this tank progress.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Oh It looks beautiful... perfect weekend to get it - the long weekend so you can savour every moment of it!!! The foam base looks very schmick where did you get it from - the only ones I see are the alphabet kids ones!
It makes it hard to get proper work done with this distracting me in the background that's for sure :)

I got it from Clarke rubber, there is a few different grades that ranged from $10 to $129 I think this one was the $50 one, it just seemed like it had the right amount of give. You could get different colors in it as well but I thought grey would hide my sins a bit better

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit,

Looks schmick as, Baller status achieved again!
gotta love the craftsmanship elos put into the products, well worth the wait

Should get another elos as a QT ;) Cant wait till watch this tank progress.
Hehehe thanks johno, it might finally entice you to pop your arse on a train and come around one day once it's up and going

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
i was thinking that when i looked at the pictures, so it was the bubble wrap? :P im sure im sure :D
looks smick!
It is a different coulor to the low iron glass in oz, which to my eyes seems a very strong blue, the Asian one like the little cube seems white and the seems like a grey tinge, it's remarkably clear but it seems to take on whatever color is around it

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
I found similar things, the opticlear on my new cubes a bluish colour, where as my old starfire cubes were a clear white look.

LEG-IT

Feb 12, 2012
Bossley Park
haha, Guess i might have to pop around soon then i'll bring some rics around aswell :P

Since i missed out on the first NSW meet helping you pickup your tank :P lets have the second one once your elos is fully setup haha

Might have to grab some of that foam from clark rubber, need some for my 4x2x2

PMac

Apr 18, 2012
Sydney
the rubber looks great and very tidy ... have you made any more progress on setup or are you still drooling over it????

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Yeah it's been going slow and steady there is a fair bit more progress to show I just need to upload the photos which I can not do from the iPad, it's a bad weekend to have to work.....

PMac

Apr 18, 2012
Sydney
I think you are keeping the ELOS experience all to yourself - now give us some photos PLEAASSSEEEEE................................. we need progress updates!!!

Reactions: MTG

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
im gonna help this get to 34 pages adz lol

looks amazing making me want to go ahead and start my own little/big project...just havent got my head around everything 100%

but looking great!