Tank Journal Archive

Azedenkae

Jun 17, 2013
Update #4 (21/07/2015)
Hey guys!

So been a while. My ten fish are still doing great. :D I added a couple of corals today, will see how they go. Tested the water today, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate is all zero so that's cool too. Forgot to test phosphate but eh. >_>

Here's a current FTS:

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v320_Azure_Dragon1990_Mobile_20Upl9c5a14736d68dd0f12fadd588c0b05bc.jpg

I'll probably move the Bubble Coral to a lower-light area, and get some more corals for the top of the live rock. And something more either side too. Quite a bit of algae (I do feed quite a bit), but eh as is it doesn't really affect anything, besides helping lowering nutrient levels. Will do a clean soon and remove the algae, but yeah. Good thing it's mostly relegated to the back/on the live rock/low flow areas. My plan once I come back from my wedding+honeymoon in October is to setup a tank that has a fuge, to house macroalgae. Currently my main filtration comes from the live rock, MarinePure and the algae (not really sure which one contributes more than which), but algae really is something I like to explore. It's a good method of nutrient sequestration that doesn't need to be re-purchased, and can be removed quite easily.