Tank Journal Archive

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Updated Fts 04/10/13
Hey guys finally got around to finally updating you guys on the direction of my tank.

* Added 5kgs of live rock
* Added a yellow & green coral goby
* Added two scolymia australis

Here are two pictures; firstly a front on tank shot along with a top down shot showing the scape. I went with a mountain range look with a cave torwards the middle. Only from the top down youre able to see the true scape unless youre here in person.

Note: don't mind all the clutter in the front right. they're all the zoanthids which ive sold and need to ship them out Tuesday.

FTS:
2013-10-04 15.42.49.png

TOPDOWN:
2013-10-04 15.13.26.png

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
wow jimmy looking really nice
Thanks Leo. It's so nice and clean now. Only sad thing about the tank is.. My green acropora colony; it still has it's bright green stems.. But it's browning and bleaching underneath the colony.. I've got mixed reviews to what to do.. Rod the reefer said leave it and some said I should frag it up to save it...

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Thanks Leo. It's so nice and clean now. Only sad thing about the tank is.. My green acropora colony; it still has it's bright green stems.. But it's browning and bleaching underneath the colony.. I've got mixed reviews to what to do.. Rod the reefer said leave it and some said I should frag it up to save it...
is it because your temps or lighting isn't strong enough? or you still battling levels since coming back from holidays?

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
is it because your temps or lighting isn't strong enough? or you still battling levels since coming back from holidays?
Hey man. Narh its not from lighting. As the bleaching is for the bottom up. Its acclimation.. so it goy shocked being introduced into my tank. Also my constant water changes also most likely shocked it. Had a hand ful of sps junkies tell me tths.

They told me to just leave it alone just continuing doser. Nitrates and phosphates are all low.