Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I have always wondered what happens when they grow out and touch...? I mean dont the sps always fight?
I have tried to group similar coral together so they grow into each other on purpose.
Yes some do fight , mostly the winner is the fastest grower.
No problems of that sort yet in my tank .

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Most Acroporas aren't an issue together. Throw a Galaxea , Torch, Frogspawn or bubble in there and you got an ass beatin' ready to be handed out. My Galaxea sends out 15cm sweepers! :eek

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Most Acroporas aren't an issue together. Throw a Galaxea , Torch, Frogspawn or bubble in there and you got an ass beatin' ready to be handed out. My Galaxea sends out 15cm sweepers! :eek
:D - hence none of the above mentioned offenders at Serenity Reef.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I got that damn Galaxea for free, I wasn't going to kill it and nobody wants the damn thing. The first person that orders one will get this one. The worst part is there's a 3cm frag that broke off in the 130D with the ritteri. Even that little piece sends out 10cm sweepers, lol. They oughta call them Terminator corals.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I got that damn Galaxea for free, I wasn't going to kill it and nobody wants the damn thing. The first person that orders one will get this one. The worst part is there's a 3cm frag that broke off in the 130D with the ritteri. Even that little piece sends out 10cm sweepers, lol. They oughta call them Terminator corals.
They would take over the galaxy that is your tank. Yeah I've never had one but from photos of their sweepers they look like they on a mission to destroy anything in their way.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Looks like you have some decent flow there. What substrate are you using?

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Looks like you have some decent flow there. What substrate are you using?
Yes the flow is cranking - got the max spect 130 on 80 percent constant giving a counter clockwise gyre and the big Maxspect 150 chucking out a gyre at 70 / 30 percent pulse.

The gravel is simply coral sand it was cheap.... Over the years I've spent big dollars on Aragonite gravel.
This is the same stuff.... Got it from Eastwood Aquarium.

The wave makers could stir it up but I seem to have found a perfect sweet spot.

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
Is that a kept bird or wild at the 50s mark?

was watching the vid and our lory heard it and started answering :p

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Is that a kept bird or wild at the 50s mark?

was watching the vid and our lory heard it and started answering :p
It's a wild bird- lol
I am really not sure about using music or radio in a video for copyright ???
That's why I just had very dodgy audio.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
What is the coral thats waving about in the shade under the rock behind the Acans (that Jack built)
That my dear M is an acan that is very hungry. Showing a lot of polyp extension, I will give it some attention and see if food helps.