News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Volunteers for UZIPP
Hi everyone,

I am in need of volunteers for the UZIPP project. I am sorry to say, but it is a pretty big job that will be ongoing for the life of this site. It is quite involved, and there is a lot of work to be done. This is what is required.

Article Writers (5 - 7 people needed): You will have a designated day of the week that you will need to publish your article on. It can be about anything to do with the hobby. This ranges from product reviews, all the way to articles about fish, coral, etc. You need to have good grammar and spelling, and your article must be laid out in a neat way. You will need to write a single article consisting of 250 words or more per week.

Programmers and Designers (1 - 2 people needed): I also need some help with the back end of the site. You must have good knowledge in PHP, HTML, CSS and complying to W3C standards. You also must be willing to learn this forums API.

Advertising Team (1 - 5 people needed): To ensure the future of this site, we need to let people know about it. In a way that is not spam, we need to come up with ways of advertising this site to the internet and to hobbyists in Australia and around the world. Offline advertising is also needed, such as dropping off The Reefuge cards at aquarium shops.

Radio Hosts (X people needed): The Reefuge is in desperate need of radio show hosts. I need as many people as possible, to host a show as much as they can for as long as they can. The show does not have to be reef related, it can be about anything you want.

If you are interested in any of these positions please post a reply stating what you are interested in participating in. I know it is a lot to ask, and if I could pay you all I would, for that I am sorry.

Thanks.

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
I'd love to help out with writing articles, but I don't think I can meet that kind of dead line at this time of year.. I've even slowed down on wiki entries :(:confused:

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
I'd love to help out with writing articles, but I don't think I can meet that kind of dead line at this time of year.. I've even slowed down on wiki entries :(:confused:
No problem. You are doing a really great job with the wiki :)

Thanks though :)

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Let us know when you get those cards printed up, I'm sure we'll have no problems is getting them into a lot of aquariums in and around Melbourne :) , but I better check with my Supervisor on that first ;). I know we drop this sites name whenever we get the opportunity when we're out and about. :D

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi Synodontis,

Thanks for taking part! I will send you a pack of 75 cards. Thank you very much for this :)

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi Jen,

I do need it, please private message me your address. Congratulations on her graduation.

Thanks

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
I cannot commit to doing this weekly due to lots of other commitments but I don't mind doing the odd article here and there
The odd article would also be great :D If you want to contribute on occasion I can add you to the content creation team if you like?

LFSdirect

Jul 11, 2011
Sydney
Ill be glad to spread the word on travels to lfs in NSW send me some business cards, po box 1094 crows nest 1585.

Looking out for products to sell available only through the reefuge forum when that segment kicks off, with regard to your post under rated products in equipment. Hope this can help go towards sustaining the future of this site.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Ill be glad to spread the word on travels to lfs in NSW send me some business cards, po box 1094 crows nest 1585.

Looking out for products to sell available only through the reefuge forum when that segment kicks off, with regard to your post under rated products in equipment. Hope this can help go towards sustaining the future of this site.
Thanks for that Nil's. I will send you a pack of 75 too. Thanks a lot for this :)

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
matt green was going to send me a pack of cards also... ill pm you my address as that was months ago and they are not here!

I would love to help with the UZIPP project but I can tmeet those sort of deadlines with work and 2 kids I dont get a lot of spare time! I struggle to keep up with my duties on the content team :D

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
matt green was going to send me a pack of cards also... ill pm you my address as that was months ago and they are not here!

I would love to help with the UZIPP project but I can tmeet those sort of deadlines with work and 2 kids I dont get a lot of spare time! I struggle to keep up with my duties on the content team :D
sorry mate i got sidetracked! :D

I cannot commit to doing this weekly due to lots of other commitments but I don't mind doing the odd article here and there
i will be doing articles here and there also

:worship

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
If anyone else is interested please reply below. We are depsperately in need of people to host shows on our streaming radio.

Thanks.