Tank Journal Archive

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
We Are All So Lucky !
Some days you sit and say, is this hobby worth it ?
But most days we realize just how lucky we are seeing these amazing, fascinating creatures and the way the live.
I was watching the tank the other day and saw this,
I had to take a video as I watched to see how long it would take the 3cm stom to work out he may be in a spot of bother.
I timed it, it took him just on 1 min to decide he did not like the situation.

Then "Ripley" started climbing the glass and I was just as fascinated to see how his mouth operated.
My hubby now says we need to call him "street Sweeper "

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Wow I didn't know strombus could move so fast! That cucumber is interesting looking, the mouth parts were not what I expected to see.

Ranibranch

May 30, 2015
Deception Bay
Whoa!! Was not expecting the Strombus to back-flip like that! Wow!!! I love watching them when I go into Fur N' Fins and they move fast but sure as heck, not like that. Just wow!

I know how you feel! I'm obsessed with my tank. It just flourishes before your eyes and every day there's something new to see on the liverock or a long-lurking hitchhiker comes out of hiding. I love it!!

More photos and videos!

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Whoa!! Was not expecting the Strombus to back-flip like that! Wow!!! I love watching them when I go into Fur N' Fins and they move fast but sure as heck, not like that. Just wow!

I know how you feel! I'm obsessed with my tank. It just flourishes before your eyes and every day there's something new to see on the liverock or a long-lurking hitchhiker comes out of hiding. I love it!!

More photos and videos!
Yes, we find something new and different in the tank most days still after this long.
Unfortunately we found a very nasty worm, last night I torched the tank to make sure all corals are feeding well.
Saw this long big huge worm, didn't look like a bristle worm. Well lucky enough we had a very experienced reefer here this morning visiting, and the worm re-appeared.
His first works were "bad, fish eater, grow huge, get it out. "
Well thats our mission tonight, catch this darn worm, we tried while he was here but he was too quick and got back in the rock.
He did name the worm, cant remember now,will try to find out.
As far as more photos and videos, i think people on here are sick of me posting my tank, :)
I am what you might call an enthusiastic reefer, I get excited over almost everything.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Strombus do that to escape other shells that eat them and damn if I can remember which one eats them right now.

I dunno about the rest here, but I love tank pics and videos.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
He did name the worm, cant remember now,will try to find out.
As far as more photos and videos, i think people on here are sick of me posting my tank, :)
Eunice worm, they creep me out. I had a teeny tiny one about 2 cm long and it was attacking the forceps. I was poking it WITH the forceps, but my All Creatures Great and Small ethics went out the window with that one.

And I have my settings so that I get an Alert when you make a new TJ entry ;)

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Eunice worm, they creep me out. I had a teeny tiny one about 2 cm long and it was attacking the forceps. I was poking it WITH the forceps, but my All Creatures Great and Small ethics went out the window with that one.

And I have my settings so that I get an Alert when you make a new TJ entry ;)
. That's the name Unfortunately mine is not as small as yours. It's about 20cm & very strong. Hubby had it with tweezers and he pulled away with strength hubby could feel I just can't believe we have had the tank this long and not ever seen him before. Flattered that you have alerts on. Thanks for that. ! :)

curly747

Aug 13, 2013
Curl Curl
I am what you might call an enthusiastic reefer, I get excited over almost everything.
I love hearing about your tank. Pictures, photos , stories ... whatever.

E

ezza

Oh @Lesley , google eunicid worms ;) especially the youtube videos *eyebrow wiggles*

i have one too. it's at least 30cm... or was when i saw it last and posted the photo :P they are mother f*ing huge. i hope that it might have been hammered by my peroxide feast. I haven't seen it for so long that i am more certain that it lives. one day i will pull all the rock out.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
@ezza
Trouble is it kills fish....ewww. !!!
But then i do a good enough job of that, so who needs a Eunice worm :)

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
@ezza
Trouble is it kills fish....ewww. !!!
But then i do a good enough job of that, so who needs a Eunice worm :)
No you don't, you just have shit luck love. I go through it every once in a while. I just had to leave a system empty for 2 months because of some sort of cootie in there. The UV light wasn't killing it so I just put a second UV on there and left it empty for 2 months. :mad:

Try baiting that bastard out, keep moving it further and further out, then grab it as close to the rock as you can and pull like hell.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
I have no clue if the big ones do it but I found mine swimming around the tank at night.
Oh my. that would not be good. I hope you mean the eunice worm and not Ripley ? That would be a disaster lol

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
There was one with something trying to eat him and damn if I can find it now. The Fighting Conchs seem to be faster than the Queen and Giant conchs in the Atlantic.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
We could have Strombus races!

And yes I did mean the Eunice worm was the one doing the swimming. Hopefully yours will do the same one night and you can just scoop it out of the tank.