Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
We Have Lights !
IMG_0912.JPG
IMG_0913.JPG
finally sorted :)
Running them at 100% for 50hrs as directed
Makes a great heater too for these cooler days
Linear actuator is fitted allowing. 45cm lift to the ceiling which is enough clearance to get into the tank
After some connection problems - combination of software issues & me being a computer dummy
Now sorted.
Leds arrive May 10th & are easily fitted to the existing frame in between each unit

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Looks great but I am not jealous of replacing those tubes when the time comes.
Buying 2 a month all covered by end of the year
Hoping to cut running back to 6hrs a day as full spectrum leds will
Also cover tank

Jacques Pels

Feb 4, 2017
Gold Coast, QLD
Amazing !! You make me itchy to get mine. We do the core drilling this week, through the wall and slab, to give access for the 9 pipes to and from the sump in basement. Then rough in the plumbing before they pour the new slab. Just the aquarium is proving to be more of a job than the building of the entire extension :-)
From what you and Sam said, and some advise from Reef Secrets in Burleigh Heads, I am pretty sure I will now go T5 ( 8 bulb, 48" units lengthwise) with 4 LED units. Brands - they carry ATI, and he suggested to steer away from the Dimmable units due to bulb life. LEDs - not sure on a brand yet.
I see you run your power from below the tank. Mine will be island, all 4 sides exposed, so will probably have to draw power from the ceiling.
Would love to do the hood rise with actuators. I understand you got the design and parts list from the US company, but who did the install for you ?

Looking forward to seeing your tank delivered.
Good luck
Jac

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Looks great Lesley ,
I missed what type of light they are , They look like giesemann matrixx ?
Can I also ask what globe combo you went with?

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Looks great Lesley ,
I missed what type of light they are , They look like giesemann matrixx ?
Can I also ask what globe combo you went with?
Yes matrix dimitech 4 x 54w
Went with giesemann recommendations
2 x Aquablue Coral 54W T5, 1 x Actinic Blue 54W T5, 1 x Super Purple T5.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Certainly been on something to dream up a rig like this one. I am intrigued and stoked to be seeing this sort of build come to life.
Came down to not wanting to hide the gorgeous sleek giesemann fixture
Hoods tend to do that
Worked out fairly cheap and once powder coated looks quite attractive

Obviously wires need tidying & the electricuan has installed power points allowing us to only have 1 lead coming to power
IMG_0563.JPG
IMG_0919.JPG
IMG_0918.JPG

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I can't stand it when I agree to purchase a second hand tank and pick it up over the weekend. I'd be doped up because M would beat me to death for being hyper. Damn nice job Lesley. Oh yea, anyone that thinks that LEDs won't heat a room haven't been to my house, lol. 731W of LED over 3 tanks, 70w metal halide over one and 96w T5 over the 50 cube.

ai.imgur.com_spVuJ8O.jpg