Off-Topic

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Whatdidjaget??
For Christmas.
Did anyone get anything utterly, utterly wondrous or horrendous?
My sister gave me a book called "Damn You, Autocorrect 2"
Has had me chuckling for days.
Also given me a new mission in life: I am going to type rude words into people's phones whenever I get the chance because the phone will then remember them at exactly the wrong (or right, from my perspective) moment.
I think this will just be a hobby, not a full blown obsession for now. It makes me happy to think I might be contributing to someone's hilarity in some way. That is my new year's resolution, btw - sow more seeds of chaos and random madness.
You have been warned :cool:

:D:D

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
In iPhones you can program in permanent word autocorrections. For eg anytime someone types 'hey' it changed to an expletive. Fun times.

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Hmm. Things just got more interesting. Every1 i know has an iPhone. I had 1 & GAVE it away, i hated it that much. My own ph has autocorrect but i turned it off becoz A) i loath American spellings and refuse to be told by a midget computer that what i intentionally typed is WRONG and B) i proof read everything before i send it.
My friend has an iPhone & she swears the only time it puts in ridiculous corrections is when she's texting ME. She claims the ph does it on purpose becoz it knows i hate it lol

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
I secretly changed the listing in my sisters phone for her husband so his name was Greggy Schmoopsy Boo and every time he rings the phone is set to say it out loud :p She thought it was so funny that she kept it like that but turned the speech part off to save public embarassment. She just got a new house phone that diverts your mobile calls to it when you're home and tells you whose calling, which is funniest when she has visitors over!