Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
What's In My Box?
Went shopping for special treats....
First instalment of what's in my box....
Enjoy ......
image.jpg
image.jpg

It's a great magnet, anyone using this product?

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Have been since day 1 with new tank. Amazing. Not one scratch yet. Best $$$ I've spent on this darn tank so far. You will love it !!!!

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I have been using one for a few months now. No picking up sand and it removes algae so easily! I haven't used the metal blade yet.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I have been using one for a few months now. No picking up sand and it removes algae so easily! I haven't used the metal blade yet.
Yap,
Haven't figured out how to attach the stainless blades yet. But for now no need to use them. Like the design too.

E

ezza

It sounds great! I might add one to my wish list. What are the odds that I could get tank stuff for my birthday instead of boring mumsy stuff? Hmmm..

Jordanf1

Dec 18, 2014
It's good, but not great for me. I find that the pads on the dry side have all shifted and had to be re-stuck on and also the wet end doesn't float so have been cussing quite a bit when falls off and I need to go retrieve it.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
It's good, but not great for me. I find that the pads on the dry side have all shifted and had to be re-stuck on and also the wet end doesn't float so have been cussing quite a bit when falls off and I need to go retrieve it.
I havnt had a problem with the felt yet. Hope I don't. I've dropped it twice, yes a nuisance to retrieve but haven't dropped it since. ! Lol

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Ok, clearly a winner- straight out the box favourites all round , but plenty more to see.
Who is keen for the next instalment of what's in my box???

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
image.jpg

Calcium reactor should come on line in the next day or so.

To answer your question @OSCAR85 in the previous thread as to why my KH was so high?
Mate, I decided to trial Instant Ocean ....
So far it consistently has a KH at very close to 10dKh.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
ahh ok. How do you find it anyway? mix well?
It mixes almost instantly, can put it in the aquarium easily in under ten mins later.
No residue. The expensive brother is called Reef Crystals made by same company and am very impressed with results from what I've seen.

Instant ocean at $140 a bucket and 10 KH won't be my next salt purchase.
Although I would keep using it as it's done nothing wrong except for a higher than I prefer KH .

Might go back to Red Sea which worked just fine for me.
We will see when the reactor is set up and what readings I get with a water change when I run the tank around 7 KH

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
So I had the reactor running yesterday over night.
This morning tested it.
Holy moley certainly dissolving those aragonites. Effluent a solid 15kh the tank has raised to 11kh ...... Not what I wanted but it's fair to say the calc reactor is ready for work when the time comes.