Tank Journal Archive

Nov 15, 2012
Where To Next???
After some time away from thereefuge I have re-surfaced.

I Have labeled this new journal "Red Sea Adventure" as I am looking into upgrading at some point in the next few months and thought it would be good to keep the same journal as it will just be an expansion on my previous and current adventure.

Whats next? Well I do like the new RSM C-250 but there is not much info around nor has anyone put out a decent review.

I would like a sump... but I am of the understanding you can still run a dosing pump on the RSM C-250 and it will pump the distance up to the back of the tank.

I do like the S series but no space for something that big.

Custom? well have not completely ruled it out but i do like the all in one RSM Package.

Will I modify the new RSM C-250 like I have my current 130D? probably not. the new ones seem a lot better out of the box. To be honest I probably did not need to modify my 130D as much as I have but I have a tank that is now as good as the new C series from what I have read. So the update will be about size :):)

Nov 15, 2012
The C series certainly look nice! At least the 250 gets T5s, which many seem to be swapping back to anyway.
Yeah, after trying to track down the power compacts and having to pay a premium for them Standard T5s gives me some flexibility.

LEDs are a lot better now and there are a lot of options. Not sure why people would be coming back to T5s.

If I was going custom I would be using LEDs.

Still not 100% on the new RS tanks but I think are good bang for buck.

Nov 15, 2012
I like what I have seen but even the red sea site has no info on them. I have only seen a few things from Interzoo 2014.

Seems to be a C series slightly modified.

When they have a proper data available on them I will check them out.