Tank Journal Archive

E

ezza

White Spot
coral beauty has white spot. I brought him home on Sunday and he came up spotty yesterday. Just hoping to get him through it.

E

ezza

I tried to upload a video, but it just wouldn't go up. It was all over him, including his eyes. He was swimming in a corner around in circles pretty much. Now the spots are down again and he has been around the rest of the tank. Definitely looking better.

I was going to try a peroxide dip, but I couldn't catch him. I did squirt a small amount of peroxide into the tank, though not enough to kill anything other than 3 aiptasia nems growing on the rocks. He may have received a little bit of that. See how he goes from now on.

E

ezza

as previously posted... it was swimming in a circle while suffering from Ich. Now the spots have cleared up, he's fine. I only got him last week and he popped out in Ich assumedly from the stress of being taken from his natural environment, shoved in a bag and shipped across the world before I then brought him home to live in a tank. It goes against my own morals and ethics to buy a wild fish, but there aren't many options really. He is doing so much better now. He is getting used to the tank, he swims with the other fish and has a cave to hide in. Things are looking better. I am hopeful that he lives up to his colonial hydroid eating reputation and helps me control these proliferating pests. I actually haven't seen him eat yet. But I am sure he does. It's not like I can be there every second of the day.

BattleSheep

Jun 17, 2013
Werribee
Glade to hear your beauty is doing well. White spot is the one thing that made me hesitant about if to get a Tang. Hope yours Beauty stays clear :)

E

ezza

It was already there when I got my tang. I lost that battle months ago. I'm not worried though. As long as fish don't die during the first week, they tend to be alright.

I did squir some peroxide into the tank when I was killing off some aiptasia. It was in the general location the fish was in, perhaps it will help.

This post was approved by Cloudy the Chihuahua, who is currently resting his head on this iPad.

bimbo

Oct 7, 2014
Newcastle
i never recomend dips
Agreed, not always practical for the fish or aquarist but QT all new inhabitants. On previous tanks I never bothered and got away with it but most new inhabitants in my new tank are going through QT first. PITA but will cause less pain in the long run IMO