Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Wrangy's RSM130D
Hey everyone, been lurking around and I've made a few posts here and there but I thought I'd kick of the serious stuff with the beginning of my tank journal, let me know what you think any help or advice is appreciated :)

Introduction:
Reefing Since: Soon (next week or so hopefully!)
System Objectives: K.I.S.S., don't want to over complicate things and I want it to be as natural as possible
Type of reef: SPS maybe a few small zoas or lps (certainly have time to decide lol)

Display System:
Initial Fill Date: Once again soon hopefully
Display Tank Dimensions: RSM 130D (61x50x61cm)
Display Lighting: LED upgrade kit
Stand: Standard Cabinet
Hood or Rimless: Hooded
Sump Design: None atm
Filtration: LR, CPE, purigen and a skimmer

Support systems:
NSW or ASW: NSW
Display Water circulation: Tunze or EcoTech, I'll be chatting to Ernie about it
Return Pump: Standard 130D pumps
Skimmer: Aqua Medic Turboflotor 500
Evaporation Top Up: Unsure on what but I will get one

A few other little bits of info. I knew the standard lighting in the tank isn't strong enough for some of the demanding sps corals so I've bought an LED upgrade kit and a controller to take full advantage and I'm going to gut the lights in the hood and replace them to better suit what I want. I've got the media rack upgrade thanks to @chimaera and I'll probably be getting the pump upgrade as well soon. I don't have any plans for a sump at the moment but I can't sit still so it may end up happening in my spare time. I've kept freshwater fish for about 10 years on and off but I've always loved sw so I'm making the plunge into it and I'm crawling with excitement for when my tank comes in :D

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Hey everyone, been lurking around and I've made a few posts here and there but I thought I'd kick of the serious stuff with the beginning of my tank journal, let me know what you think any help or advice is appreciated :)

Introduction:
Reefing Since: Soon (next week or so hopefully!)
System Objectives: K.I.S.S., don't want to over complicate things and I want it to be as natural as possible
Type of reef: SPS maybe a few small zoas or lps (certainly have time to decide lol)

Display System:
Initial Fill Date: Once again soon hopefully
Display Tank Dimensions: RSM 130D (61x50x61cm)
Display Lighting: LED upgrade kit
Stand: Standard Cabinet
Hood or Rimless: Hooded
Sump Design: None atm
Filtration: LR, CPE, purigen and a skimmer

Support systems:
NSW or ASW: NSW
Display Water circulation: Tunze or EcoTech, I'll be chatting to Ernie about it
Return Pump: Standard 130D pumps
Skimmer: Aqua Medic Turboflotor 500
Evaporation Top Up: Unsure on what but I will get one

A few other little bits of info. I knew the standard lighting in the tank isn't strong enough for some of the demanding sps corals so I've bought an LED upgrade kit and a controller to take full advantage and I'm going to gut the lights in the hood and replace them to better suit what I want. I've got the media rack upgrade thanks to @chimaera and I'll probably be getting the pump upgrade as well soon. I don't have any plans for a sump at the moment but I can't sit still so it may end up happening in my spare time. I've kept freshwater fish for about 10 years on and off but I've always loved sw so I'm making the plunge into it and I'm crawling with excitement for when my tank comes in :D
Well firstly, officially :welcome !

Set up sounds great, look forward to seeing your LED retrofit.

And if/when you want the pump upgrade parts let me know ;)

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham

RNGracias

Apr 6, 2013
Post some pictures of the LED upgrade, as and when you have, had time, to do the Mod.:poidh and yes :welcome

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
By the way, not trying to spend your money for you, honest ;) but check out the new RSM cover intank made. I'll likely be placing an order for more baskets soon so could grab one for you if suitable for what you are doing. Though sounds like you might be keeping the hood?

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Red-Sea-Max-130-D-Filtration-Cover-RSM130CV.htm

If I go terribly and destroy the hood then I will definitely be needing one of these :p but I am aiming to keep the hood for the moment so hopefully I won't need to get one ;)

Post some pictures of the LED upgrade, as and when you have, had time, to do the Mod.:poidh and yes :welcome

Will do, I'll do before and after shots and a bit of a write up and such :) and thanks!