Reef Discussion

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Hi Megsez,

I've had no personal experience with them however had read some very mixed reviews on the X-Wave products. It seems if you get a good one then they seem to provide great value for money - however the quailty seems a little hit and miss.

They are obviously the next Generation of knock off's of the Tunze gear. (the first generation looked like the old 6100's, this generation have the ball shape of th current series).

Maybe write to Andries and see if he is willing to "loan" you a set for an un-biased review. You'll get experience first hand to see if they are right for you and more importantly be able to offer an informed opinion for others also having the question.

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Maybe also consider for around $300AU you can get the entry level controllable pump from Tunze locally - pumps - pumps at a slightly higher rate.

To make it more comparable the grey import price is around $220 landed to your door. (I'm not suggested don't buy local but it does make comparing prices easier).

With the Tunze you will need a controller as well, but the controller will control multiple pumps if thats the direciton you will eventually head.

Xwave = $180 + delivery (bought locally as a Grey imported product)
Tunze 6055 = $220 inc delivery (grey import)
Tunze 6055 bought locally = $300 + del - full distributors warranty - and yes the warranty and service form Auadepot is second to none.

Some food for thought.

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
Thanks macca good idea will approach Andries and sea what they say. I have always had good service from Andries even sending better bulbs at same price if out of stock for me in the past. I would love to get Tunze but cant justify $$$ .In future maybe. In the industrie I am in I sell al ot of import products and aussi made products and import quality is getting better and better i have found. It still may not compare to "genuine unit" but is getting close

Will let you know how I get on.