Off-Topic

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Your death row Last Meal
What would it be? I have always said it would be to hard to choose, I love so many different cuisines and dishes. But when it comes to it, this is my meal.

And it's being cooked for me right at this moment (for my birthday).

• One large, thick, marbled, steak. Medium Rare. I am flexible as to type of steak, am particularly partial to T-Bones ... bit tonight it is an eye fillet.
  • Potato dauphinoise. Who doesn't love potatoes and cream?
  • Mushy Peas. Doubtful this will be popular here in Aus (or anywhere outside of the UK for that matter), but they are a must.
  • Fried Onions. Well done, to the point of they are almost black, or some of them actually are black.
  • A1 sauce. The only sauce for steak.
And for dessert
  • Sticky Toffee (/date) pudding
  • Custard
*drool*
So don't give me the 'oh it's too hard, there are so many' bullshit ... give me your death row last meal.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
2 Dozen oysters kilpatrick (a little excessive I know, but damn it some bastard is gonna have to remove the butt plug after I croak so they'll remember me)
Lasagne & chips. No pieces of tomato that I can see. None of that packet shit either.
Pie Floater. You can keep the peas. Yes, I did live in South Oz for quite a while lol.
^I want all of the above, not just one. I plan on throwing my guts up when they stick the needle in me and going all Exorcist style on them, so my one pack will come in handy for short term storage.

Dessert:
Umm... chocolate mud cake with the sweetest chocolate sauce around... and whipped cream. Real whipped cream.

Drinks:
Johnnie Walker Platinum label. Forget the ice, but if you're gonna give it to me in a plastic container, at least stick the label to it. And give me something appropriate to drink it out of. I don't want a shot. I want the whole damn bottle.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
  • One large, thick, marbled, steak. Medium Rare. I am flexible as to type of steak, am particularly partial to T-Bones ... bit tonight it is an eye fillet.
  • Potato dauphinoise. Who doesn't love potatoes and cream?
  • Mushy Peas. Doubtful this will be popular here in Aus (or anywhere outside of the UK for that matter), but they are a must.
  • Fried Onions. Well done, to the point of they are almost black, or some of them actually are black.
  • A1 sauce. The only sauce for steak.
alh5.googleusercontent.com__O4DifIJZHLY_UXzoRQKLi9I_AAAAAAAAJZaad266a7d54f68c0b7a9bdd8fa3d1037.jpg

2 Dozen oysters kilpatrick (a little excessive I know, but damn it some bastard is gonna have to remove the butt plug after I croak so they'll remember me)
Lasagne & chips. No pieces of tomato that I can see. None of that packet shit either.
Pie Floater. You can keep the peas. Yes, I did live in South Oz for quite a while lol.
^I want all of the above, not just one. I plan on throwing my guts up when they stick the needle in me and going all Exorcist style on them, so my one pack will come in handy for short term storage.

Dessert:
Umm... chocolate mud cake with the sweetest chocolate sauce around... and whipped cream. Real whipped cream.

Drinks:
Johnnie Walker Platinum label. Forget the ice, but if you're gonna give it to me in a plastic container, at least stick the label to it. And give me something appropriate to drink it out of. I don't want a shot. I want the whole damn bottle.
Haha I like your style.

Lasagne and chips is an interesting combo I have to admit ...

A pie floater with no peas is ... a pie?

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Lasagne and chips.. what else would a sane person possibly eat with lasagne than chips?

A pie floater Sth Oz style - a typical aussie meat pie thrown in one of those tinfoil containers (the ones with the cardboard lids...)... some chips, with a bucketload of gravy thrown in. They used to put peas in the mix as well... a lot of them. Not such a fan of veggies, so basically pie, chips and gravy all in one container :P Oh, and chicken salt... coronary levels of chicken salt (that's another modern twist to the pie floater).
Some people would get cheese in there as well. I asked someone here to make me one once, and they looked at me stupid as I was talking them through how to put it all together.
Have to admit, I haven't even seen many places in Sth Oz sell them any more. All the more reason to want them.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
A pie floater Sth Oz style - a typical aussie meat pie thrown in one of those tinfoil containers (the ones with the cardboard lids...)... some chips, with a bucketload of gravy thrown in. They used to put peas in the mix as well... a lot of them. Not such a fan of veggies, so basically pie, chips and gravy all in one container :p Oh, and chicken salt... coronary levels of chicken salt (that's another modern twist to the pie floater).
Some people would get cheese in there as well. I asked someone here to make me one once, and they looked at me stupid as I was talking them through how to put it all together.
Have to admit, I haven't even seen many places in Sth Oz sell them any more. All the more reason to want them.
Sounds pretty awesome to me, with the peas :D

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
I would go a steak, not a T-Bone though, its 2 different cuts of meat that need to be cooked in different ways so you can never get a Tbone cooked perfectly, you have to sacrifice one to get the other, why most top quality steak houses dont sell them. Tbone is a great BBQ steak though, what I generally get if I want a BBQ steak.

Entree

Gambas al Ajillio - spanish style garlic prawns, amazing when done right. Glass of Australian Verdellho.

Main

Cattleman Steak - blue (how any quality steak should be eaten, any more cooking you may as well get it from woolies) Sides would be roasted potatoes, seasoned with sea salt and rosmary, finished with black truffle oil. Asparagus and red gum honey glazed carrots. Glass of Tuscan Negro Amaro

Afters

Slow roasted pork shoulder. Basting ever 10 minutes with a maple/honey mix for about 6 hours. Sweetest tenderest thing you will ever eat. - Glass of Australian botrytis

Finish with a cold glass of Amstel.

Would die very happy, well from a food point of view anyway!

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Entree

Gambas al Ajillio - spanish style garlic prawns, amazing when done right. Glass of Australian Verdellho.

Main

Cattleman Steak - blue (how any quality steak should be eaten, any more cooking you may as well get it from woolies) Sides would be roasted potatoes, seasoned with sea salt and rosmary, finished with black truffle oil. Asparagus and red gum honey glazed carrots. Glass of Tuscan Negro Amaro

Afters

Slow roasted pork shoulder. Basting ever 10 minutes with a maple/honey mix for about 6 hours. Sweetest tenderest thing you will ever eat. - Glass of Australian botrytis

Finish with a cold glass of Amstel.
parma and chips and coke
Hahaha have to love the contrast.

deL

Mar 3, 2013
Canberra, ACT
Homemade pizza with feta, spinach and red onions.
Homemade pumpkin lasagne.

OR anything Thai - especially pong kha min or pad thai.

Choc mint ice cream with mint ice magic for dessert.

Drink would have to be scotch and coke.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
I don't really know what this dish is called, but I would request chicken breast pieces coated in egg, flour, salt and pepper then fried in a small amount of oil in the pan, then crisped up in the oven. Drizzled with a thick mushroom sauce and served on garlic rice. It's my all-time favourite meal.

I'd want 2 glasses of Gossips Sweet Lips Moscato with it... its my fav wine... don't judge me!

Then for dessert I'd want to start off with a Sumo mandarin - the best variety on the planet, followed by a Mangosteen and then get to the real stuff, Jam Roly Poly. @chimaera you should know what that is :)

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Posting the recipe for @firebird :) You'd need to do 1,000 pushups afterwards to burn off the calories, but if I'm about to die I'd eat the whole thing by myself as long as theres space left after all that other food.

JAM ROLY POLY (recipe from NMAA Cooks 1980)
1/2 cup butter
2 cups SR flour
cold water
jam

1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp butter
1 cup boiling water

Rub butter into flour until it looks like breadcrumbs. Add enough cold water to make a fairly firm dough. Roll out and spread with jam, then roll up like a Swiss roll and put in pie dish. Make a syrup of sugar, butter and boiling waer. Pour over roll and bake in fairly hot oven for 30 minutes.