Reef Discussion

zeovitinfo

Sep 29, 2011
Sure do,last ten years,check out some of the detailed info on using kz zeovit if you search a little bit,theres a zeovit users thread here somewhere

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Anyone using this method?

I know there is a thread but it seems to be a little old or at least quite.
i have used it on and off in my last tanks. seems to be suited to SPS not LPS, if i had a sps dedicated tank i would use the whole system.

ATM i only use food, bac, coral snow, lps amino, coral vitiliser i dose this every few weeks cut down from daily dosing a couple of months ago

my biggest issue is you cant stop it. Like if you go away you need someone that can follow it while you are gone
that is the same as i have found , if you want to stop it you have to take it away over months or you will causes a crashed. stopping dosing to quick caused my system to go through another mini cycle

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I also use this method, zeo start is the only thing you cannot really rapidly discontinue use of, the other are best used regularly, but if you go a month or two without them there is not really that much of an issue

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
i have used it on and off in my last tanks. seems to be suited to SPS not LPS, if i had a sps dedicated tank i would use the whole system.

ATM i only use food, bac, coral snow, lps amino, coral vitiliser i dose this every few weeks cut down from daily dosing a couple of months ago

that is the same as i have found , if you want to stop it you have to take it away over months or you will causes a crashed. stopping dosing to quick caused my system to go through another mini cycle
riiiight. well maybe i wil not use it and use the coral food prducts instead and see what colours i get.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
riiiight. well maybe i wil not use it and use the coral food prducts instead and see what colours i get.
it all depends what you are trying to achieve? do you want ULNS?

I also use this method, zeo start is the only thing you cannot really rapidly discontinue use of, the other are best used regularly, but if you go a month or two without them there is not really that much of an issue
same as you noticed sponge power and food/bac was enough to crash it when you suddenly stoped dosing it

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Yes I would like ulns my phos is 0.08 and nitrate 0.00. I was thinking about trying the coral foods by zeo but also zeozym or zeo biomate. Apparently the help skimming and export
Any thoughts ?
I havnt tried the zym, but you do see better PE with zeofood and the biomate visibly reduces the amount of detritus then ends up settling in your sump, presumably it also does the same in your sand bed.