Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Zeozym Nights On The Reef
Decided a few weeks ago I was going to give ZEOzym a go on the tank and see how the skimmer and nutrients go with this new addition mixed with a little bio-mate :) Should see some good improvements over the next few weeks, new stones and a bit of a stronger nutrient output along with mah brand new calcium reactor! :D It's a bit like coral snow but the led's make it look AWESOME when it's dosed haha
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_9770_zpsguyllebk.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_9773_zps84cghsep.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_9772_zpsorkzlhna.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_9778_zps7mpe7mtv.jpg

Got a few colours growing on the frag racks now :) And the blackrock racks are the absolute best! Thanks @chimaera :)
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_9779_zpswfqecfyb.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_9782_zps981wkotv.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_9783_zpsfkapisdc.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_9787_zpsm7zjxkk7.jpg

This acro still has to be one of my favourites! The thing is the fuzziest acroI've ever seen and the brightest green ever!!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_9784_zpsmc9gu3fn.jpg

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Looks like just after you shake the stones! What is the actual purpose of the Zeozym?

Jordanf1

Dec 18, 2014
I just put in an order of biomate and zym to help clean the sand a bit more. I'm watching this closely. Frags look awesome.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Looks like just after you shake the stones! What is the actual purpose of the Zeozym?
It's an enzyme that you add to the tank that helps with the protein skimming and the effectiveness of bak and bio-mate, not sure exactly how it works but it makes your skimmer work more and more efficiently so helps with nutrients and such. Skimmer is working more but as for other effects to early to tell yet lol

I just put in an order of biomate and zym to help clean the sand a bit more. I'm watching this closely. Frags look awesome.
Thanks mate :) It'll be good to see how it goes in your tank as well. Have you got a journal??

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I put my first bio mate drops in the other day , the skimmer had weak tea two day skim in the cup to begin. A day or so later the skim was a richer creamier consistency so what ever is in those three drops I put in the tank has a profound effect.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I put my first bio mate drops in the other day , the skimmer had weak tea two day skim in the cup to begin. A day or so later the skim was a richer creamier consistency so what ever is in those three drops I put in the tank has a profound effect.
haha they're great little products aren't they! My skim is a nice strong tea colour and there's plenty of gunk around the inside of the cup which means things are working as they should :) I'm hoping to start seeing the effects in the next few weeks :)

I'm also happy to report the t5's are doing their job, getting some more colours out of my acro's but that will also be helped by zeo settling in more and potentially zeozym and sponge power dosing again :)