Reef Discussion

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
I had/have one that I no longer use (3600 pro. I found they are good with LPS and softies but struggle with SPS . My unit was only 12k . May have been the reason . Otherwise a good unit but wouldn't recommend them for SPS.

Reactions: MTG

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
He will probably need to sell the car first - two money pits is one too many :)
haha nothing wrong with two money pits. hey make that 3 with photography!!! i have two money pit cars now.... But yes on the making a comeback check the TJ section :P

ToxicMel

Jul 18, 2013
Hervey Bay
I have 4 over my 8 footer. I have the QMaven 6600s. I initially got them due to being told they were also Apex controllable, but discovered after delivery that it is the new 6600A that is the apex one.
I like the light so far. Havent had time to play with the programming too much, but will reduce the amount of red hue during the sunrise/sunset from the factory settings. i feel its a little overboard.
I would suggest if u do get them... Ensure they have an english version of the instructions in the box. Mine arrived with chinese instructions only, but have since had a copy of the english version emailled to me.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
they're very popular over in the states. Widely used by the hoobysit out there. Ive seen the new models over full mixed reef tanks. Including sps.. they're fairly cheap too