Tank Journal Archive

ethana123

Nov 30, 2012
gladstone
36x18x18 new reef
hey guys i started a saltwater tank about 2 and a half months ago its just a plain old 36x18x18 tank with an aqua one protein skimmer and 2200 lph canister filter 2 t5 lights with about 25 kilos of live rock i have 2 ocellaris clowns a bennetts toby puffer and fuzzy dwarf lionfish 2 coral banded shrimp a few hermits and a few snails with 7 snails. i am currently looking to upgrade to the sdwa hy-1200 470l tank at sydney discus world partly because it comes with a sump already lol but cant seem to find any specs or reviews on it has anyone had any experience wth this tank ? i will be taking the puffer and lion back to the lfs as the puffer nips at the clowns fins and the lion really restricts my choices for fish

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
:welcome You certainly have a different group of fish than most people on here! I'd love to see any pics of the the lionfish and puffer.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
a cade marine model of course!! see my tank its a cade tank that a modded to be an all in one! :D

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
what mods did you end up doing to it ? ... i like how it looks
i had the box in the rear corner built to fit a skimmer, heater auto topup return pump, bag of carbon and probe for temp. has dual bubble traps in it to and takes up less then 15% of the tank volume :D

ethana123

Nov 30, 2012
gladstone
wow its been a long time since i posted here. i took the lion back to lfs and got a royal gramma and decided to keep the puffer so its just the puffer a clown and a royal gramma a coral banded shrimp some mushies a nice big sinularia and three corals i have no idea what they are called and a couple hermits , the puffer keeps picking at the snails and killing them unfortunately. ive been waiting to add some more corals and was just chasing some ideas on some easy corals and MTG i was also wondering if the cade's sump works as is or if down the line i would have to change it ... i like the look of the back parcel tank

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Looking good, that leather is obviously enjoying your setup it doubled in size! (assuming same one)

ethana123

Nov 30, 2012
gladstone
yeah i forgot i had a photo of it and was wondering if it had gotten bigger than i found that picture and i thought wow it was tiny than lol if it keeps growing ill have to move it to the centre of the tank so it doesnt hit the protein skimmer