Tank Journal Archive

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I have an opportunity to buy a Korralin c4001 brand new in box with tunze regulator at a decent price. Will pick it up this weekend and go about sourcing a c02 bottle (local home brew joint), a small pump to circulate water within the reactor and plumb it into my my current reactor setup for inlet/outlet water. Will also pick up a ph monitor so I can dial her in ;)

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Bah to think I almost went two part, thank goodness I don't have to learn anymore this year........ I pass onto year 12 a pass is a pass right, or anyone challenge me to a game of shit head ????? Cos I cheat!!!!

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
Nothing wrong with 2 part dosing system, just when your running larger systems a calcium reactor is much easier imo. I found i was mixing 8 litres at a time every 2 weeks which was very annoying.
Also with 2 part your water changes need to be more frequent, than you would having a calcium reactor.

Vivid aquariums run 2 part in their massive 800 gallon system, dont know how they do manage it!

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
It's consistency that I am chasing. Having trouble getting consistent and accurate results with 2 part. Plus to be honest, I like the sound of melting coral bones to form new corals a heck of a lot more than dumping damprid, bi-carb and foot salts into my tank :P