Reef Discussion

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
AquaOne AquaReef 400
Does anyone have one or have info on this tank?
Looking at upgrading to a 400 litre with sump model, to replace a 7yo custom built 160cm 250 litre tank.
Have looked at the new 500 litre version but too long for the designated spot. :(

Some feedback appreciated +/-

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
I like it so far, only been running 6 weeks though. The gear seems good for an all in one tank. Depending on what you want to keep coral wise the lights are decent, 2 drawbacks is a very short cord and all 4 lights are either on or off as there is only the 1 switch.

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
Ok as a basic unit i think its okay, looking at upgrading the lights if they will fit to a Radiance...led, moonlight, mooncycle and light adjusting sensors etc

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
Orderedthe new tank today

AquaOne AquaReef400 in white... Yes white, should arrive in two weeks, once supplies arrive in oz next week, in prep for the qld trade expo.
Going to run miracle mud and caribsea black hawaiian substrate

Cant wait!!!!

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
Wish I new they came in white, would have definitely gone that way. That being said as this is my first attempt at marine I think it is a great entry point. I had to have the light unit replaced due to a faulty ballast but other than that it has been all good.:) Good Luck

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Had similar problem with light but the whole end part had shattered, 3 weeks later I demanded a new one as it was still on its way from Melbourne to the lfs. Was funny how a few threats made one suddenly appear out of the back room.

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
After speaking to my LFS he said that the light in the reef 400 was its only let down and has suggested using it for around 12 months until the tubes need replacing and then putting that money towards an upgrade. As for the slow change over Priscacara mentioned it took six weeks to get my new light from Aquaone. They had every excuse, but it finally did turn up. :)

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Ouch 6 weeks! Thats also what I have been told to do, either use the existing tubes or upgrade to hagens then when they need replaced hopefully get leds.

firechild

Nov 8, 2011
Cromer, Sydney
After speaking to my LFS he said that the light in the reef 400 was its only let down and has suggested using it for around 12 months until the tubes need replacing and then putting that money towards an upgrade. As for the slow change over Priscacara mentioned it took six weeks to get my new light from Aquaone. They had every excuse, but it finally did turn up. :)
In SA (and WA for that matter) the dealings are all done through a separate distributor, not directly through Aqua One.

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
Order confirmed, base rock (20kg) collected, miracle mud ordered, hawaiian black substrate ordered..... Mmmm what else lol?

Marobella

Sep 22, 2012
Gold Coast
I got myself one of those in black just over a month ago, put 30 kg live rock in and let it cycle. Good looking tank.
Have added clean up crew of 2 x coral banded shrimp, 2 x Trochus Snails and 3 x Banded Brittle Star and 1 Bicolour Blenny, They are slowly getting there. Today I added 4 x common clowns just to please the kids.