Reef Discussion

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Automatic Water Changes - Video
Latest video is live. This one hopefully dispels some myths about automatic water changes. If you've been on the fence about doing this for your reef, definitely watch along!

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Agree with everything Sam said. One another point about the total cost to do this.... Remember you are saving yourself an hour or two every week because of not having to do manual water changes!
I use the Arduino set up with two Spectrapure pumps that Sam mentions and it works great. You just need to upload the new code if you want to change the amount of water. You could probably even do this over wifi with the Arduino if you know how to code it. I am not sure if you have seen this done yet @Sam Parker ?

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Agree with everything Sam said. One another point about the total cost to do this.... Remember you are saving yourself an hour or two every week because of not having to do manual water changes!
I use the Arduino set up with two Spectrapure pumps that Sam mentions and it works great. You just need to upload the new code if you want to change the amount of water. You could probably even do this over wifi with the Arduino if you know how to code it. I am not sure if you have seen this done yet @Sam Parker ?
I'm going to admit here that I don't actually use the arduino setup myself, but helped set it up for a mate. I do use a few bare pumps to do some minor tasks (they are set on timers to just run for 5mins every 4 hours for instance)