Reef Discussion

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
@NiCd - don't get me looking at the Carbatec site :rage They have recently opened a new store in Hobart, and it will remind me that I need to spend $1k+ on a dust extraction system to go with my new table saw I bought a few months ago :p
If you want me to make you feel better I can take a photo of the receipt from my last visit there :dead

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I have been able to source a suitable sensor for around $4.80 AUD delivered - I have to buy a few extra but it's not worth my time trying to make up my own at that price. They come complete with a stereo plug on the end so that will save me some time as well.

This is what they will look like
upload_2016-4-9_14-0-30.png

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
If ever you get in trouble with your wife show her that, when that run out of effect i can up it with my sydney tools invoices, festool is like crack.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
If i can give you any advice is dont try it. I brought a sander first up going nar they cant be that much better and ohh boy yes they are and you find yourself "upgrading" perfectly good tools to festool ones to you have all matching boxes that click nicely together and look pretty.

For some reason I have paid $120 for box to hold my sand paper that looks like the other boxes that hold my tools. I then feel compelled to make sure that box is then full of their special little sanding discs which means I have $700 worth of sand paper sitting in a $120 box- its a mental health issue.

Sep 24, 2013
Palm Beach
I have been able to source a suitable sensor for around $4.80 AUD delivered - I have to buy a few extra but it's not worth my time trying to make up my own at that price. They come complete with a stereo plug on the end so that will save me some time as well.

This is what they will look like
View attachment 53659
How many do you need to buy? I need around 10 if you want to split the cost.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I don't mind having a stash of bits and pieces put away for a rainy day :D
Makes two of us, although my spares cupboard got a fair clean out when raising cash for the dogs surgery. It's nice and bare and ready for stocking now though :)

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
@Sam Parker it wasn't meant to be funny !!

I have used AliExpress a few times but this is the first time I have used AliBaba - you basically have to negotiate a contract with the manufacturer.