Tank Journal Archive

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Changed Globes !
image.jpg
Well changed all 8 globes today and went from 3 blue to 2 and 3 whites to 5. Took reefers advice and have cut light cycle by 2 hours a day to be increased 30 mins per week until back to normal times. This is the first time I have been able to get a FTS without it always looking very blue. This is a quick iPhone shot do excuse the quality

E

ezza

Gosh it's beautiful! I love the range of colours you have in your corals. The lights are great! I think I might try a different combo of colours when I next switch. I only have 4 t5s though, so I don't think I can capture the even colour saturation you have here.

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Hey Lesley, I am about to make the switch from LED back to T5's , can I ask how high off the water is the T5's fixture?
BTW ... your tank is looking great!

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
B
Hey Lesley, I am about to make the switch from LED back to T5's , can I ask how high off the water is the T5's fixture?
BTW ... your tank is looking great!
Bottom of fixture is 21cm off the too of the tank 25 cm top of water ! We have an ati programmable 8 x 80watt for sale if interested ? With all new globes ? Lol

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
lol , thanks anyway . Its too long form my little tank :(
I have just ordered a 6x39 dimmable sunpower even though I won’t be dimming the globes...lol

Why are you selling it ?

Last edited:

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
lol , thanks anyway . Its too long form my little tank :(
I have just ordered a 6x39 dimmable sunpower even though I won’t be dimming the globes...lol
We haven't had any problems at all dimming our globes I know they say that it's not good for them but giesmann & ati both say it has minimal impact on life if the globe !

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
You have a beautiful tank! I am so LED focussed I forget that T5's still look great!
I desperately want the new ati hybrid. Best of both worlds. I am so jealous of the LEDs. But I've never had them so I don't miss them I suppose Thanks for the lovely comments. !

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
I wanted to run T5's but I have a corner tank and there is nothing available to suit so Im kind of limited to LED or metal halide because of the size and shape of the fixtures.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
I wanted to run T5's but I have a corner tank and there is nothing available to suit so Im kind of limited to LED or metal halide because of the size and shape of the fixtures.
We all want what we dont have I suppose I always wanted bigger boobs but that didn't happen either. Lol

Last edited:

Bungee

Feb 19, 2014
Tank is looking great. You would have to sell one of your kidneys to buy an ATI hybrid. :)

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Bigger boobs would probably be cheaper than a new ATI Hybrid!:)
Your so bloody right.....lol. But they are the dream light for me. But I am not rich so not happening for a long time. By the time I save for that there will be some thing new and better out again.

Bungee

Feb 19, 2014
BTW i cant see your very expensive and very illusive nem in your photo. How is it going?

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
image.jpg
image.jpg
BTW i cant see your very expensive and very illusive nem in your photo. How is it going?
still round the back of the dam tank (or side sort of ) lost all it red, looks brown but eating displaying and looking healthy. Any idea on why colour is no longer red ? Second picture is him. Yes it's the very expensive brown bta.

Bungee

Feb 19, 2014
No idea why he is now brown not red if he is eating and displaying well and your tank param's are spot on as they always are. Maybe he's just playing mind games with you? ;)