Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Collision Course Challenge!!!
Everyone that looks at this post has to participate......
Lurkers and the not so brave hit the like button please!!!!!!!

The challenge is set - the first collision between SPS in my tank.

Who can predict how long in days , will get a frag of this yellow tort and purple tenius.

You guys have to get the answers in by 10/12/16 that's when the countdown begins.

Who is up for playing a little game of collision course?????
image.jpeg

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Good luck splitting those two Nils :D

And, on New Years Eve I doubt you will watching these corals too much :dead

What exactly is the definition of a 'collision' in this situation ?
Those two dates are close... Lol, it's my birthday on NYE. I'll be watching out for fireworks with family and friends, no doubt checking for collisions and reporting my findings on thereefuge.:D

"Collision (noun) an instance of one moving object or person striking violently against another."
- my thoughts were there is to be some sort of visible impact resulting in a bit of necrosis , the hot spot camera should be able to pick up such an impact.
In answering the question of two dates close to each other , I guess the result would be determined at the time of discovery.:eek Be it morning or night.

At the time of coral placement I put the tort and tenius side by side to see how they grow together . These two corals are by far the fastest branching acros in the tank atm.
I am secretly hoping there is time for the yellow to deviate collision course-this proberbly depends on the coral itself.
I have had seriatopora simply fuse into each other and seen instances of montis growing over and smothering tenius upon collision.
Being two similar branching types I do wonder what is going to happen.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
BTW - the winner will be the one with the chosen date sent in first.
Hahaha there is not enough coral at this stage to make two winners packs:rofl