Tank Journal Archive

cozer

Jul 12, 2011
Tainan, Taiwan
We can only dream about that Chris :(

Some amazing looking corals Cozer - can you give us a rundown on your water parameters?
I am not used to measure the water parameter frequently. Last time I measure the parameter is about 6 months ago. The results are as following:

Temp: 25-27degree
pH: 7.9-8.1
KH: ~8
NO3: <5 ppm
PO4: N/A
Ca: did not measure
Mg: did not measure

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
cozer I think you should be banned from this forum as your pics are dangerous for my keyboard because they make me drool!:D

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I am not playing anymore, I give up trying!
So that's what my Acro , third from the bottoms meant to look like :)

cozer

Jul 12, 2011
Tainan, Taiwan
Hey Nilsy, this acro is called "strawberry cake" in Taiwan. I personally like the pink hues and the lightly bluish tips. This one was put in this tank about three weeks ago. I observe a noticeable growth and color change under the light of M-90S + M-90C (polar version). I probably would say my old CREE M-90S is good for this 90x60x48 tank. But the combination of two Polar M-90S+C units is even "better" than I expect. They give efficient light penetration and spread and very impressive light colors as well. I am really glad to have the new lights!

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I picked up my "strawberry cake" as a completely bleached specimen , was under Chinese LED at the LFS.
After six weeks it is showing the red /pink florecence on the tips now, I had noticed that blueness that you mentioned, but I put that down to my imagination a few days ago. I think over time it will get better.
The other coral that I received that was bleached, I fragged into 6 pieces. These pieces are encrusting and going green. Looking forward to seeing the progress of these pieces.
The Polar version is performing well for my tank too. Coming up to the 2 month mark in a day or two.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Hey Nilsy, this acro is called "strawberry cake" in Taiwan. I personally like the pink hues and the lightly bluish tips. This one was put in this tank about three weeks ago. I observe a noticeable growth and color change under the light of M-90S + M-90C (polar version). I probably would say my old CREE M-90S is good for this 90x60x48 tank. But the combination of two Polar M-90S+C units is even "better" than I expect. They give efficient light penetration and spread and very impressive light colors as well. I am really glad to have the new lights!
Can you post up a couple of FTS with the Polars running if at all possible?

Its is hard to judge what they look like from some other aahhmm "photos" floating around :p

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Can you post up a couple of FTS with the Polars running if at all possible?

it's is hard to judge what they look like from some other aahhmm "photos" floating around :p
you surely dont mean nilsys poor iphone pictures? :D

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Cool vid thanks for linking it ;) .

If you have a FTS in the middle of there cycle at there peak that would be cool too :worship