Help / Suggestions

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
It will be replacing the Tank Journal forums. Because of its ease of access and neat presentation, there will be no more need for the Journal Forums as they will not be as powerful compared to the blog.

Luke

Jul 11, 2011
Launceston
Now i understand , Its replacing the Journal :)
I was thinking it was as well as and wondering why , Now it makes sense to me :p ,
Sounds good , It also makes a nice change from other forums ,

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
I had the first ever tank journal on here... You cant take that away from me!

I kinda agree with Luke but ill reserve my judgement for the unveiling... Has this got anything to do with the UZIPP thingo you keep going on about?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
I had the first ever tank journal on here... You cant take that away from me!

I kinda agree with Luke but ill reserve my judgement for the unveiling... Has this got anything to do with the UZIPP thingo you keep going on about?
I'll have to beat you this time !!!

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
It kills me when there is a really popular tank journal and there are heeeaps of pages to go through... this is an awesome idea
That is a very simple blog. The blogs will also be highlighted for users you "follow" on The Reefuge. There will also be a listing on the main page and forums index of the latest blog updates.

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
The blogs will certainly be helpful with the DIY LED build posts :) . That way people won't have to go through every page, unless of coarse you want to :p
Exactly, it will be a much neater way of keeping track of things.

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
The blogs will certainly be helpful with the DIY LED build posts :) . That way people won't have to go through every page, unless of coarse you want to :p
This will be good... with a tank journal I like to read all the pages (when I get time!) but with a DIY LED build its will be great to just see the results!

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
This will be good... with a tank journal I like to read all the pages (when I get time!) but with a DIY LED build its will be great to just see the results!
This is true. I will see if it can be modified to allow more than 3 categries deep. Either way, it will make journals and tutorials very easy to find and read, not to mention keeping track of them.

Thanks.

V

'vspec'

I still hold true to the old days in a lot of ways I think. You snooze you lose mentality in a way!. Researching threads is one aspect granted, (one that can be rewarding when you find a gem) but the people present on the day for forum posts, well hell ~ That's the beauty of it for me :)

I'm realisticly all for blog journals, it seems logical with user updates that display natural progression , i'm just stuck somewhere in the middle of the spacebook generation. One hand on the old, the other on the new! I cant really comment on what's better or worse, cause both have merit in my eyes.

Ether way, If its there, feel free to use it! Thanks Neo

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi 'vspec',

I believe a lot of sites get their setup wrong. With the internet as it is today, and the capabilities of the software around, websites are almost limitless in what they can do. I believe a lot of people get it wrong when it comes to modifying software to do what it was not meant to do. Take a look at Myspace and Facebook, they are both similar in what they do. Facebook got it right.

I think keeping things simple, easy to use, easy to read, and finding information fast is the key. In a Tank Journal you can get 300 pages of content pretty fast. If a user finds the Journal through a search engine, they are not going to want to sit there looking through 300 pages of both posts from the author and posts from members to see how the tank progresses.

A far easier way would be to click on the TJ, and see each update in order, as with the relevant replies to that particular update. I do however believe this may be a feature where users have to see it to like it, as many people do not like change. When it comes to forums, around 5% of users use their blog, and around 5% of those users actually post something more than "Hello" on them.

If I was running a forum dealing with a different topic, I most likely would not use them. However, for this site I don't only think they are good to have, but they are more or less required.

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Thanks for that rusty1,

I will look into creating these calculators so they are ready with the opening of UZIPP.

Thanks.