Help / Suggestions

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Editing thread titles
Is it possible? I don't have one to edit right now, but was going to throw up a quick TJ thread and edit it all later. On other forum software I've used, full edit on the first post allows for the title to be changed, but can't see how to do it here?

Not a big deal, just curious.

Ta.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I have to be careful about what a mod can see/do and a member ;)

To the right and above the first post do you see 'Thread Tools' with a little down arrow? If so, the drop down box should include 'Edit Thread'.

If not, send a PM to a mod and we will soon fix it for you.

Cheers

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi chimaera,

I have disabled thread and post editing for members. Only staff can do this. The reason is because I like everything documented. No post ever gets deleted off the database here, only deleted out of sight if it was requested or we saw a need to do it. I noticed a few times a user said something, caused and argument, and edited their own post to delete what they had written. I have stopped that now.

If you would like a thread title changed, please contact a staff member and they will change it for you.

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hmm okay, I'll just be more careful about creating thread titles.
Hi chimaera,

It is no problem if you ask a staff member to change it for you if you need it updated, or made a mistake in the title. That is what we are here for.

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi chimaera,

I have just spoken to Matt Green and he has convinced me that allowing users to change thread titles is a good idea. This feature will be activated shortly.

Thanks.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Nice one! As I said, I doubt I will need to use such a feature three times a day ... but it's nice to have the option. Thanks for listening =0)

Salty

Jun 6, 2012
Did this action ever take place cause I wanna edit my TJ title

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
Hi chimaera,

It is no problem if you ask a staff member to change it for you if you need it updated, or made a mistake in the title. That is what we are here for.

Thanks.
Except when the staff member doesnt change the thread title.... looks at @MTG

Being able to change the thread title of your own TJ will make that section 1000x better

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
With you there. The TJ is where it is most useful.
Hello @macca_75,

For now thread title editing will be allowed as The Reefuge framework starts to die out. When the new system is in place, journals will not be hosted inside of forums with their current structure, but will be full blogging sections. I will change user permissions to edit thread titles in their journals tonight.

Thanks.

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Hello @macca_75,

For now thread title editing will be allowed as The Reefuge framework starts to die out. When the new system is in place, journals will not be hosted inside of forums with their current structure, but will be full blogging sections. I will change user permissions to edit thread titles in their journals tonight.

Thanks.
Legendary stuff @thereefuge

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
If a thread title changes, does this change the URL? Im just thinking for people that may have pages bookmarked.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Users can now edit their own thread titles in the tank journal forums.

Salty

Jun 6, 2012
Hey @The Reefuge, Has this been actioned yet cause in thread tools I only have the option to delete thread. Am I missing something?????