Tank Journal Archive

Nov 15, 2012
where is the yellow tang?

How long till the 'minister of the rest of your life' is back???

I am liking this build can't wait till the 120xl is in the works...

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Doesn't look to happy yet! But Duncans are sulky fuckers at teh best of times :p
The pic was 2 seconds after gluing him in...I called her nan today and she says it was open bigger than it was in the other tank :) so seems like good news

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
where is the yellow tang?

How long till the 'minister of the rest of your life' is back???

I am liking this build can't wait till the 120xl is in the works...
Yellow hides in the bottom left cave, because there isn't a lot of movement in that room I think it's still getting used to people walking in and out of there rather than staring at himself in the mirror lol.

Sunday night is the big night, should be home around 9:30-10pm so the corals will be popping at that point :)

Yeah you and me both, I cant wait for the XL, it should only be a few weeks away, just waiting on the invoice to fix up the last bit because I cancelled off the light poles so that shaves off a big Elos chunk lol.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Prep'd for the big reveal, cleaned up the tank and sump and grabbed some corals from the holding tank big thanks to @LEG-IT then placed them in the tank and shot off to the airport....long day!

On the Way!!
On the Way.png

Some nice skimmate!
Skimmer Clean (1).JPG Skimmer Clean (2).JPG

Coral Prepping, couldn't have all the nice pieces in yet because I wasn't sure how they'd be, to my surprise within the 3 hours turn around they were open bigger than I'd ever seen them which worked perfectly so she got to see them all happy :)

Reveal Night Preparation (1).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (4).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (5).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (6).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (7).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (8).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (9).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (11).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (12).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (13).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (14).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (15).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (16).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (17).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (18).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (19).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (20).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (21).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (22).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (23).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (24).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (25).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (26).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (27).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (29).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (31).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (32).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (33).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (34).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (36).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (37).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (38).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (39).JPG Reveal Night Preparation (40).JPG
Reveal Night Preparation (3).jpg

Waiting :)

Waiting.JPG

We got home and I made her walk over to where the old tank was and not to peek and told her I made the tank silent lol then she opened her eyes and was like where's my tank!! lol then I told her I moved it into the lounge room and when she saw it she was speechless :) we sat and watched the tank for hours without realising, showed her how her Apex works and how it all works, she's super excited :)

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Awesome mate!! Good to hear that she loves it! You've probably just made yourself like 10 years of good books :p
She's really happy and when she saw it she was like this is your tank lol and I was like nope yours, and she was a little worried with maintenance but have worked it out for her and shown her how easy it is, now I just need to try find a Zeo reactor and try hook that in somehow or follow that Zeo journal @OSCAR85 showed me that was used without a reactor

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
She's really happy and when she saw it she was like this is your tank lol and I was like nope yours, and she was a little worried with maintenance but have worked it out for her and shown her how easy it is, now I just need to try find a Zeo reactor and try hook that in somehow or follow that Zeo journal @OSCAR85 showed me that was used without a reactor
That's awesome mate :)
It sounds like you've got it setup pretty well for her and with the apex it'll make her life even easier! You can easily do a zeo setup without the reactor but the stones need to be in a bag and they'll have to be massaged/shaken/disturbed twice a day to free the mulm (bacteria) and keep the stones healthy :)

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
You can easily do a zeo setup without the reactor but the stones need to be in a bag and they'll have to be massaged/shaken/disturbed twice a day to free the mulm (bacteria) and keep the stones healthy :)
I don't think the word easily works in that idea lol...but yeah not sure where to go with that

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
haha zeo and easily are definitely perception thing :p It also depends on the flow going through the sump due to the pump