Tank Journal Archive

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
First Tang
Hey guys just a small update. I have been wanting one of these ever since I started my first marine tank a couple of years ago, so I finally picked up a Blue Tang :)
I had him in QT and did a tank transfer method just incase there was any Ich since these fish have a reputation for it. I put it in my tank last weekend and it is doing great, it follows my cleaner wrasse around a lot. It gets smashed by my coral goby when ever he gets too close to its rock but I am tipping this wont last long! The tang and the Goby are about the same size at the moment, it will be interesting to see how quickly the tang will grow.

Here is the Tang in one of the tank transfers. It was surprisingly easy to scoop up in my hand.
blue tang.jpg

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Hows the little ich magnet going @Buddy ?

It's easy to see why they gave Dory the personality they did in finding Nemo isn't it?

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Its going great, I can't believe how much such a small fish can eat!

Peter_1988_

Dec 1, 2013
Bacchus Marsh
I saw some of these the other day a similar size for about $50. Is it normal that you buy them so small or is it better to buy larger ones? They seem so small.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I saw some of these the other day a similar size for about $50. Is it normal that you buy them so small or is it better to buy larger ones? They seem so small.
Its just up to your preference. I like getting fish when they are small and watching them grow. Others prefer to have a big fish right away.
My one is about double the size from the first pic now!

newTOreef

Nov 16, 2013
they are so cool when they are that small, mines the same size, he has his own little bed spot, spends all day following the clowns like he is part of there pack, and keeps my algae on the weir at bay