Tank Journal Archive

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
Light And First Live Stock
light has arrived and is hanging from ceiling, added first fish yesterday, 5 paracentropye multifaciatus

Managed to get 4 in the pic
ai696.photobucket.com_albums_vv324_thepubenator_FC3EA995_1B78_4AA5_B1C1_CC84388D1A08_zpsvfoykaq6.jpg

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I can't wait to see it bustling with more angels, you're pretty much building my dream tank here lol

Have you got people holding your corals for you or just running a simple setup to keep them in?

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
I can't wait to see it bustling with more angels, you're pretty much building my dream tank here lol

Have you got people holding your corals for you or just running a simple setup to keep them in?
Little column a little column b.

James Plush

Nov 25, 2014
Nice simple and elegant absolutely LOVE it ! :worship:worship looking forward to seeing it`s next steps .

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
Thought process with the Texas holey rock?
Not something you normally find in a marine tank.
Personally I like the texture & shapes in holey rock, was just never sure of it's "worth" as filtration method in a marine setup.

Scape looks great :D
My last tank was a mix of hole rock and standard base rock, this is also but ratio would be 60% holey rock to 40% base rock.

As for filtration I am relying on skimmer and bio pellets, FWIW I think there is similar filtration in holey rock and sand then base/live rock and bare bottom.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Tanks lookin good ryan. Hows the new light? Is it straight t5 or a giesmann hybrid. Keen to see your results with the reactor and AIO's.