Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
March Update
Brace yourselves subscribers !!!!
After weeks of relentless frothing I finally have a weekend off to tend to my Aitutaki. Back to my old habits of not testing water since my RTN so since there have been no tests time to bust one or two out. Let's see some pics when I get back to you.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Now with meat coma over time to tackle the big picture. Skimmer overflowed into the tank water, Just noticed that , well let's get on and clean the coralline off the glass then. Tested NO3 and salifert says 10ppm .
image.jpg

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I have to say that birdnest/s is fantastic!! Was that one you did yourself or was it bought like that?? :)

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
The birds nest was bought as a deep red - under high light intensity it glows blue when you switch the lights off. Got it at a tennis ball size a couple of years ago. And yes... I added the green highlights at the time of my recent RTN... Another interesting part is where the original green nest grew into the purple poccilopora , out off the pocci grows green nest but the purple pocci is quickly covering it with purple polyps.