Tank Journal Archive

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
it's still messy from the last occupants - cleaning it out now
I have a brand new 11W tube light in the hood - how shall I add marine blue lights? Or can I get away with the 11W?

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
I'm planning to have the bottom bare *considers posting a thread "my bare bottom" in the R18+ forum with a link here*
without substrate.

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
ok, ok, i wasn't expecting people to be that interested :eek
I'll find the download chord thingy for my phone, download the pix and upload here
lots of loading and unloading
that's my exercise for the day :D
*heads off to rummage in draws and curse at tangled chords and wires*

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
2012-08-14 04.32.08.jpg
2012-08-14 04.32.31.jpg

ok this is the AR-126. Its about 25L I think I'll leave the fake rock work (styrofoam) on the back and attach corals to it. I plan to buy a few chunks of live rock this week. If I can get off this computer, I will get round to actually getting this tank clean and salty ;)

Reef6

Jul 29, 2012
Gladstone
good work.. you might want to remove the backing but, I had one in my 4' tank and it just seemed to catch detritus behind it.does make it look a bit better but..

dino

Aug 6, 2012
Hey Michelle, how's the build going.
I would recommend you get some blue lights in there in addition to the 11W fluoro tube. Even 12v LED strips from eBay will do - so you can switch off the white to enjoy the colours of the zoas under blue light.
Your dozen zoas frags are still multiplying in my tank. Let me know when you're ready for them (no rush)

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Hey Michelle, how's the build going.
I would recommend you get some blue lights in there in addition to the 11W fluoro tube. Even 12v LED strips from eBay will do - so you can switch off the white to enjoy the colours of the zoas under blue light.
Your dozen zoas frags are still multiplying in my tank. Let me know when you're ready for them (no rush)
hey, thanks for that advice, dino - I was wondering how to fit some blues into the hood without having to totally restructure and rewire the hood set up. I will go to ebay right now and look.
The tank is looking good and seems to be thriving. The live rock I bought to cycle it didn't seem all that special and he only charged me $5 for the two chunks (I shop there alot) but I've since found the rock has multiple worms, several feather dusters and some red tube worms.
I thought I'd put more pix up but I haven't been myself lately and have only just got back LOL so I'll put some more up now
I should be ready early September - say 3rd? - its a monday

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Ok, last Friday I went to a local LFS for some live rock. He didn't have much there and it didn't look to have much interesting happening with them so he only charged me $5 for both these pieces. I got these two because of the maroon seaweedy stuff growing on one of the pieces. He said they were sponges and proceeded to pack them in a waterless bag so I figured that a) he doesn't know what sponges are, b) he doesn't know you aren't meant to expose sponges to air and c) that i probably got an interesting seaweed for cheap :D

2012-08-18 20.09.28.jpg