Tank Journal Archive

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Hi, I also have the back parcel cade. In my tank journal you can see how it is plumbed which the basics they put in. Its not fantastic but i have
silenced it with some bunnings stuff based on some youtube videos. Also you return pipe they supply burst on me after about 6 months. Not the best plumbing but the tank is nice. I think my nest tank will be elos.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Was thinking about doing something really ambitious, thinking I could drill a hole for the return :eek
Kind of risky, should have gone custom by the time I'm done it will be custom tank anyway :D
drilling a hole for return ? back parcel has 3 holes the middle is for return and the 2 either side and outflow. Yes the 2 stand pipes they supply are the sam size which is stupid but to illuminate the issue you just don't use one.

gtrxu1

Jun 25, 2012
I used a bean animal overflow design which would usually have 4 holes. I chose to run the return separately which I kind of overlooked the aesthetics of it. I am really happy with how quiet and fail safe it is like this. I also like the idea of the flow coming from the corner instead of the center of the tank, but I'm going to try it in the center anyway I think I can conceal it better having the locline come through the weir comb.

gtrxu1

Jun 25, 2012
Got the weir comb and return plumbing done, also put the black backing on and installed the light hanging kit. I'm really happy with the look of it now. Need to get some black Loc-Line the Blue/Orange is kind of annoying.
IMG_0342.JPG

Back view
IMG_0338.JPG

Power done
IMG_0334.JPG

A friend was pulling down a 5 foot so I was able to take the rock off his hands :) Its really nice and clean rock and some great pieces. Tubbed it and put in a jar of Lanth for good measure.
IMG_0327.JPG

Gotta love a productive weekend :D

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
looking good mate :)

ive heard this too many times but still dunno what it is or where to get info on it...what is lanth?

gtrxu1

Jun 25, 2012
Lanthanum Glycolate Hexahydrate is what I use but the normal method is Lanthanum Chloride. Its phosphate remover for swimming pools, it binds phosphate on contact with the water. So you can usually dose like 1ml to a filter sock/skimmer to catch all the bound phosphate. With the Glycolate you keep it in a jar and let the water flow into the jar so all the Lanth and the flocs stay in the bottom of the jar.

20 bucks in Clark Rubber and it will last for years.

For info there is a thread on the other forum in the advanced section. The bloke that came up with the jar method deserves a lot of credit IMO. :worship

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Lanthanum Glycolate Hexahydrate is what I use but the normal method is Lanthanum Chloride. Its phosphate remover for swimming pools, it binds phosphate on contact with the water. So you can usually dose like 1ml to a filter sock/skimmer to catch all the bound phosphate. With the Glycolate you keep it in a jar and let the water flow into the jar so all the Lanth and the flocs stay in the bottom of the jar.

20 bucks in Clark Rubber and it will last for years.

For info there is a thread on the other forum in the advanced section. The bloke that came up with the jar method deserves a lot of credit IMO. :worship
Thanks heaps gonna look into it some more :)

gtrxu1

Jun 25, 2012
Finally got the tank into position and filled up with NSW, will only be a few weeks hopefully and the old tank will be pulled out.
IMG_0375 (Large).JPG

Skimmer running, I also installed a shelf in the cabinet for extra storage. I left the tank off the wall an extra 100ml and I can fit a container behind for the ato.

IMG_0366 (Large).JPG

One thing I overlooked, there is nowhere for a skimmer waste bottle in this cabinet. Kind of a good thing I will be forced to clean more often.:)

Now I need to work out aquascape and fuge.