Reef Discussion

lisajohnson

Sep 2, 2013
Nitra-guard Titanium...where's The Best Place To Put It
I purchased some Nitra-Guard Titanium to try and just wanted to find out where it would be best placed in my tank..have uploaded a picture..any advice would be mostly appreciated..thank you :)

hs-60a.jpg

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Hey Lisa, do you have a bigger picture?

by the looks of the picture with a squint lol looks like it id put it in the middle chamber looks like it would get a slow tumble, if it doesnt though id but it in the first chamber after some filter floss/wool

lisajohnson

Sep 2, 2013
I will see if i can find one as this is the only one i could find earlier and i couldn't enlarge it :)

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
cool :)

id say where the bio balls are, make sure you take those bio balls out they're just gonna cause trouble down the track

Reactions: MTG

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
on no wait excuse me....the product you're using requires to be skimmed out i believe, so maybe you could move the skimmer to the bio ball stage then put the media you purchased in the first chamber, ill tag a couple people who know a lot more than me, it may be different being a small tank so they will be able to advise :)

@Dr. Schell @NiCd @Ian G @MTG

lisajohnson

Sep 2, 2013
That's how mine is setup except i have the heater that is in number 1 over next to the filter pump which is with numbers 6&7

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
if it produces particles/substances that need to be 'skimmed out' place it before the skimmer (ie up-flow of 4). If there is no substances to be skimmed out, then place it anywhere that is subject to flow.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
it is a solid state carbon source so you are venturing into carbon dosing, this need to be done with alot of caution and very good skimming, which you would be unlikely to get with that style of skimmer, If you issue is nitrates may i suggest the changing of your media first