Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Two years old?! Whoops. :eek

Your current inmates sound nice. :)
hahaha yes, just a little dated. I was an optimist at the start, the I'm able to keep everything mentality but the good thing is that research and a little thought and planning usually gets the better of me when it comes to my additions :)

I spent 3 or 4 hours at Deer Park before buying the bellus as I wanted to make sure she was going to be a good (expensive) addition to the tank and I haven't regretted it since!! :) I think the next two fish I might add are the mystery as I said as they're gorgeous fish and have the best most inquisitive faces I've seen, I love it! And I might try and find a small flame hawkfish as a mate for mine :) As they're born female and as they age transition to male, so hopefully if I get a very small juvenile things will work out as I adore my hawkfish and would never have a reef tank without them!!

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Are there any pics up of your Bellus angel? Any tips for keeping them? Especially food wise. And settling them in.
There's a couple in the updates somewhere lol
Good flow seems to keep her entertained as she's a rather powerful swimmer and enjoys it quite a bit. Settling into the tank requires lower light for a while as they are a deeper water species but I didn't have to worry about it as Dave had had her in the tanks for 6 weeks or something, so she was on all foods as well! :)
They have a higher metabolism so smaller and more frequent foods are best and she loves everything from pellets, to flake, to frozen :) Happily eats from my hands too :D Is a huge personality too and will swim around with my hand when I'm in the tank for whatever reason usually lol She's very sociable too
All in all she's been an absolute model citizen and I cannot complain at all :) At least that's been my experience with her :)

Mr.Reeefer

my name is Brock
Jul 8, 2014
Hey Dom, I'm sure whatever you choose will work out great for you dude!!Cant wait to see what you get.

I love Angels and butterflies also, but I love my corals more, so I am an anti-angel reefer, beautiful fish though!!

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Hey Dom, I'm sure whatever you choose will work out great for you dude!!Cant wait to see what you get.

I love Angels and butterflies also, but I love my corals more, so I am an anti-angel reefer, beautiful fish though!!
Well the next addition is going to be a mystery wrasse, which I'm looking forward too :)

I adore both of them and would happily risk corals in my tank to keep some of them :) they're just to nice a groups of fish! When I have a big tank angels will be the main attraction aside from the sps and maybe clams depending lol

Mr.Reeefer

my name is Brock
Jul 8, 2014
Well the next addition is going to be a mystery wrasse, which I'm looking forward too :)

I adore both of them and would happily risk corals in my tank to keep some of them :) they're just to nice a groups of fish! When I have a big tank angels will be the main attraction aside from the sps and maybe clams depending lol
i love wrasses, i will be putting some into the big tank build with some tangs etc.mystery wrasses are beautiful fish, i just missed out the other week on one from reef secrets.

You must have clams dom, its like, your thing!! im thinking of about 3-5 in the big tank when the timing is right.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
i love wrasses, i will be putting some into the big tank build with some tangs etc.mystery wrasses are beautiful fish, i just missed out the other week on one from reef secrets.

You must have clams dom, its like, your thing!! im thinking of about 3-5 in the big tank when the timing is right.
They've grown on me of late, I never was a big fan of them but I love the eyes and the way that mystery wrasse look at you :D I saw that beauty they posted too!

haha I always will, I don't think I'd change to angels to not have clams lol maybe two big tanks! :D get them from AcroAl!! :D