Tank Journal Archive

reefmaniac

Oct 18, 2011
reefmaniac 4x2x2 reef
Introduction:After so many months of reading and asking question, i decided to try reef keeping.It takes many months of preparation.Finally im typing the tank journal.

Reefing Since:0

System Objectives: To build a beautiful reef for family and friends to enjoy.

Type of reef:Mix reef

Display System:

Initial Fill Date: 23rd Oct 2011 9.30am.

Display Tank Dimensions: 4x2x2

Display Lighting: Illumagic M120s(Advance)

Stand:DIY

Hood or Rimless: Eurobrace/Open top.

Sump Design:18x16x41inch

Filtration: Biological

Support systems:

NSW or ASW:Asw

Display Water circulation: 2xTunze6065

Return Pump:OR2500

Skimmer:RO NW200 internal

Evaporation Top Up:RO top up unit

Chemical additions:

Calcium Addition: Seachem calcium advantage

Alkilinity Addition:Seachem reef builder

Magnesium Addition:Soon

Prodibiotics Addition:Soon

Coral Food Addition: Red sea Reef energy A and B

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Looking great mate!! Stand looks wel
Built. And excellent choice of light. What do you think of it so far ? If you need help programming it let me know I am now the master of it ;)

reefmaniac

Oct 18, 2011
Looking great mate!! Stand looks wel
Built. And excellent choice of light. What do you think of it so far ? If you need help programming it let me know I am now the master of it ;)
hi,matt. is a nice unit. so far im still in the middle of getting the tank running. the lights is not on yet. lots of work. certainlly will get in touch with you when need of help, cheers.:)

reefmaniac

Oct 18, 2011
its time for an update. lately i have some problems with plumbing and over the budget. finally have finished it. mount the illumagic advance, it coverthe whole tank .. and its gives out beautiful light. capacity in only 50%. tank built by abyss, also awesome. starfire front.

Attachments

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
looks wicked mate. is that with the light only at 50pct? like how you mounted it looks very neat!

reefmaniac

Oct 18, 2011
looks wicked mate. is that with the light only at 50pct? like how you mounted it looks very neat!
Looking good.
is actually set at 50 to be exact ,max is at 255. it was suppose to be mount at side on the brace but then the brace was 4 inch thick. the bracket is going to come in the tank .it would look awfull. there is also the good side which stops the water from sprinkling all over. actually are the bubbles which pops out of the water from the water agitation with the stream pump. i use 2 piece of 40mm x 200mm /10mm glass. stick on it with v2 bostik.
How do the two 6065's go in the tank??
6065 is exellent. luckly i didn't get the stronger ones. or the coral sand would flying everywhere.
guys, the durso pipe is really effective, silent.

Attachments

reefmaniac

Oct 18, 2011
im impressed myself. really awesome unit. the light can cover 4x2x2 no sweat. sorry , is only at level 50 , max is at 255. will gradually increase when stock is available.:)

V

'vspec'

There we go....! You did a great job on the stand bud, its packing supportive company, so she's not going anywhere any time soon.
Push to open doors? One looks to be slave to the other though, container style ~ reasoning ?
White is sweet, and if your display is classy, a treat to view!
White is the new black anyways, so dont let anyone tell you different..lol

I like your set-up so far, I would have maybe attempted to block the light entering the weir, so hopefully your packing some decent bottle brushes my man! :)

Wake me up when you hit the internals ok.

reefmaniac

Oct 18, 2011
There we go....! You did a great job on the stand bud, its packing supportive company, so she's not going anywhere any time soon.
Push to open doors? One looks to be slave to the other though, container style ~ reasoning ?
White is sweet, and if your display is classy, a treat to view!
White is the new black anyways, so dont let anyone tell you different..lol

I like your set-up so far, I would have maybe attempted to block the light entering the weir, so hopefully your packing some decent bottle brushes my man! :)

Wake me up when you hit the internals ok.
not pushing doors. only a pair of door handles from bunnings. the took me about 2 months to complete. also budget blown. i prefer the more transparent look, it looks like a plumbing factory, kind of interesting. eventually due to live rock and corals around it will block most of it. i could not keep looking at a black thing in the mid of the tank/ the black weir
:)

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Nice video of your tank.:) Great stand, awesome tank , fantastic sump.....

I really like how slick it all looks, you dont need to cover your overflow with black acrylic IMO. It looks really neat and pleasing on the eye.
Avoid the urge to cover it up with a rockwall too.

Have a think about maybe having two bommies in this tank, that way you have plenty of space to do gravel syphoning..... I am also seeing a few pink or purple tip Catalaphylia buried in your gravel soon.

Let us know what fish/coral you are planning....

All the best.....

V

'vspec'

Holly crapolas, I'll wait till ive re-established a link with the mother ship before attempting that one :)