Help / Suggestions

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Either way I think you will need some sort of platform that you can move over the tank that you can lay on to work in the tank. Unless you are Mr Stretch you will not be able to reach the front of the tank.

6' x 4' would look great IMO.

rosechaser

Jul 14, 2011
Sydney
Yes that's a good idea....but as you say need that anyway with 3' wide......Need to do the Tom Cruise thing on the ned of a rope from Mission Impossible

I think 4' would look great, room for two rows of lights and row of skylight tubes, whereas 3' needs more than one row and less than two and where do you put the tubes.

I haven't seen 4' wide but I think it would look great

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Lights you could put on some sort of track to move out the way when you wanted to work on the tank - skylight tubes not quite so easy.
Me thinks some more thought is required :confused:

rosechaser

Jul 14, 2011
Sydney
Definitely...it's one of those things where now everything I do I think how would this be in a such and such size tank

It must have been done though so I'll keep looking

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
Why not 8 x 4 x 2??? I read an article once about a guy who built a tank this size out of timber with a glass side and had photos of him swimming in it to scape it!

Jonny Glover

Jul 12, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
If i went for 6 x 4 i would have a extra 8 feight of celing space so i can climb on top of the tank, solartubes mixed with leds would be the cheapes light option, if you haad 8 foot extra height then a light rail would be good. waterflow would be my main concern... :)