Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Small Update
Just a small update for the evening :) Had some time to do a couple of tests this afternoon and grab a quick pic or two. All things are looking pretty good and the tank has bounced back after a little spike in salinity and a few brunt tips :( lol everything not doing too badly though! I have my computer back now just need the tank with me lol
Salinity: 35ppt
Alk: 6dKH
Ca: 390ppm
Mg: 1200ppm

Right hand side of the tank and my favourite inhabitant
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_2059_edited_zpsxuixvzjp.jpg

Firetruck is still going real strong even if the pic does make it look a little pink lol
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_2050_edited_zpshath7hcf.jpg

This little frag looks great now the rack has been cleaned up and sorted out, colours should get better from here on in :)
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_2046_edited_zpsk66znzsv.jpg

I have to say, I love taking photo's of the Sunny D's! They always seem to turn out so well!! Happy frag either way :)
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_2048_edited_zpsihdtn7tb.jpg

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Not seeing the tank everyday and then rocking up to see that would put a smile on ya face mate!
Those Sunny D's would brighten up any day!
Looking great.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I can never get sick of an update from this tank :D
I'm glad :D lol

Not seeing the tank everyday and then rocking up to see that would put a smile on ya face mate!
Those Sunny D's would brighten up any day!
Looking great.
Yeah it definitely does make me happy getting home to see that :) it's also reassuring knowing that everything is under reasonable control too lol
Thanks mate :)

Nice bubble algae :p
You shut your whore mouth!! :P

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I wasn't going to mention the Caulerpa but, whoops, I just did :D

Those Sunny D's are pretty special though ...
Now you've done it, the hornets nest is awake!! :rofl that stuff is the bane of my existence haha as you can see I've stopped caring about it in a large extent as I plan to eradicate it all during the move :)

Yeah they go alright :D

Uglyman

Mar 9, 2012
Pyalong
SPS looking good Wrangy, bubble algae and caulerpa not so great :eek

I feel for you, since we have had our new baby home I have let my tank go for way too long and some caulerpa that was hiding down the back of my rockwork has gone nuts and bubble algae has followed the caulerpas lead. I have had a bad salinity swing and lost two acro's one a large colony and now I am pulling most of the tank apart due to frustration with these pests.

I can't figure out how I got them but man they make me angry.

Oh and watch out for people with whore mouths apparently the can give you diseases like Valonia ventricose and caulerpa macrodisca which are pretty nasty. :D

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
did you get your firetruck from UCA?
Many eons ago lol not the Cherry Blossom though, it was a no-namer that I got and haven't seen of or heard about since so I think I got really lucky lol

SPS looking good Wrangy, bubble algae and caulerpa not so great :eek

I feel for you, since we have had our new baby home I have let my tank go for way too long and some caulerpa that was hiding down the back of my rockwork has gone nuts and bubble algae has followed the caulerpas lead. I have had a bad salinity swing and lost two acro's one a large colony and now I am pulling most of the tank apart due to frustration with these pests.

I can't figure out how I got them but man they make me angry.

Oh and watch out for people with whore mouths apparently the can give you diseases like Valonia ventricose and caulerpa macrodisca which are pretty nasty. :D
Thanks Shane :) They're caulerpa is the real issue, the bubble algae doesn't bother me that much lol but the caulerpa is the fucking devil's spawn haha

Bummer :( It's always sad losing stuff! I think I got lucky as most the tips have healed and the crazy pe is back again which I'm happy about! Not a single algae spore is going in the new tank! lol I'm going to dip everything twice and see what happens! I don't know how I'm going to do the clams though!

hahaha :rofl

Your tank is looking so nice :)
Thanks Andrew :) I promise we'll eventually arrange a time lol